4.1.1 to 4.1.2 rooted update?

1. greenghost

greenghost Member

I have a verizon Galaxy S3, I535. its rooted. I'm running 4.1.1 and verizon sent out a OTA update last week. It won't let me update through that otherwise I get a message saying "software detected that shouldn't be used, take to nearest verizon store" so what are my options to get to 4.1.2?

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

greenghost, Rxpert83 and TALONTRAX like this.
  3. metallicarules

metallicarules New Member

Hey so i have a rooted VZW GS3 on 4.1.1 and there was an OTA pushed out last week that i would really like to download. How can install this update? Every time i try to update it takes me to Clockwork Mod Recovery and wont let me install it. Please help me because this is a business phone and i really need help fast. Thanks.
  4. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

You will have to replace CWM with the Stock Recovery, then it should work.
  5. metallicarules

Hi Thanks for he quick reply! Im a noob to Android and I completely regret rooting the GS3. Can you please tell me how to replace CWM Recovery with stock?
  6. Mikestony

greenghost and TALONTRAX like this.
  7. metallicarules

Hi, thanks for the link. But this is pre-4.1.1 . My phone is on JB and im afraid this could brick it. The odin file i just downloaded is for 4.0.4 . I regret it because it severely slowed down my phone and I have no idea what im doing when it comes to Android. If it was iOS, i can use iTunes to correct any mistake. However, there is no itunes in android and therefore you are on your own.
  8. Mikestony

Well, it should work with that recovery. And the only reason I say that is because it is the only thing I could find and others have linked that also.
    Now, you can go into your custom recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache, then reboot to see if the lag goes away. :)
    greenghost likes this.
  9. metallicarules

k will give that a try then. Hope it works. One more question. Will get rid of all my data? I need contacts, pictures, etc.
  10. Mikestony

Wiping the cache and dalvik cache will not wipe data, so you are fine there.
    greenghost likes this.
  11. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

I used the DE ODEX file, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2178482
    But have moved to Liquid Smooth ROM 4.2.2 since then, no more Touch Whiz ROMS for me, they are nothing but a lag fest. If you have any more questions let me know, if you need guidance I will help you step by step.