4.1.2 ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. FhookahU

FhookahU New Member

Anyone else having problems with the 4.1.2 update for SGS3 for Sprint?

I got the OTA update about 3 weeks ago or so, everything went smooth. I didnt really look up what the update added or fixed at the time, then my sister who has the same phone and carrier calls me up and asks me if I got the new Multi-window feature since the update. Come to find out my update for the 4.1.2 is running on my phone, but I dont have any of the features that are supposed to come with it. Went it to Sprint, they said its a Samsung problem and to contact them. Contacted Samsung, they say its a Sprint problem and to contact them. Go figure..

Ive downloaded Kies and tried doing a manual update of the firmware, but it just tells me that my current firmware is not supported to receive firmware updates over Kies. Yes Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, cleared cache, rebooted phone.

Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas to troubleshoot?

Advertisement
  2. jackroo

jackroo Well-Known Member

I'd go into Sprint personally and have them take a look at it. I did the same update and it messed with my LTE/CDMA settings. Took it into the store I got it from and they were able to fix it. Do you have insurance on it?
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

If the Sprint update was supposed to include multi-window etc then try reflashing the firmware using Odin. Find the sprint firmware on Sammobile.com or ask in the Sprint all things root forum. You dont have to be rooted and its probably what sprint would do if you put it in for repair :thumbup:
  4. FhookahU

FhookahU New Member

Yea I have insurance. I brought it in to the store originally and they wouldn't even look at it. They just wanted to pass it off as a Samsung problem.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Its entirely possibly you haven't gotten the md4 update yet

**note there are multiple 4.1.2 otas so that doesn't tell us enough information
  6. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Well-Known Member

Does anyone know or have gotten an update for JB from AT&T ?

I don't think i recieved one yet ?
  7. jackroo

jackroo Well-Known Member

That is one unprofessional store, then. I had an issue with my phone's network settings and I took it in and they fixed it. I have insurance on my phone and the store I go to has very professional staff there. Sorry to hear that bad experience. If I were you I would still push them to fix it or at least try another store around town. You pay the extra money for the insurance each month so you deserve better service than that, my friend.
  8. FhookahU

FhookahU New Member

Yea I think I will. Thanks
  9. harvickchick

harvickchick Well-Known Member

I got the update the night before last....since then my battery life has sucked...i can't figure out what's running it down. Also my texts haven't been coming through until I make/receive a phone call. Then when a call connects, all my texts come in at once.
    Going to the sprint store tomorrow.
  10. FhookahU

FhookahU New Member

So I just received an OTA update, and it added all the missing features. So problem solved. I'm glad I didn't do a hard reset haha
  11. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Try a prl/profile update
    jackroo likes this.