ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Same here with Sprint Note 2.

Advertisement
  2. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

Hmmm no ink effect on mine not sure about group cast or the others
  3. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

You are in UK, so you would have the international Note II. You don't have any of the new 4.1.2 functions listed until you get the update. Only the US Note II got some of those functions built in on their customized 4.1.1.
  4. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

I have the Ink effect option but it does not appear to work.
  5. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

Do you have a different launcher or lockscreen app than stock's? It will only work if you can get the ripple effect to work too. If your lockscreen has no ripple effect either, than it will probably not work with ink effect. I have the AT&T version too.
  6. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

Nope all stock here. I get the ripple effect but not the blue.
  7. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Checked my International Note 2 today. No update.
  8. picard12

picard12 Active Member

how do you get the update?
  9. drexappeal

You can check for updates through the settings menu. I think you can check for updates in the "about phone" part of the settings menu, for the International Note 2.

I went in and checked this morning and it said that my phone had all the udpates.

Keep in mind, the update has only shown up in Poland so far, so it'll likely be a slower process to reach all the phones.
  10. picard12

picard12 Active Member

can I just install the international update version?
  11. picard12

picard12 Active Member

What about the Omega ROM version of 4.12 ? is it safe to install Omega ROM ?
  12. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

You did tab the screen with your s-pen... right...?
  13. Liam548

Liam548 Well-Known Member

what is continuous input keyboard, is it swype? My 4.1.1 jelly bean already has this...
  14. drexappeal

Yes, but the difference between the continuous input keyboard vs. swype is that the continuous input keyboard works with the one handed operation smaller keyboard.
  15. davidpham

davidpham Member

at least give me my multitask windows that they promise
  16. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

No one can answer that without knowing whether you have an international or US phone.

This questioned would be better answered again by knowing which phone you have or you could ask the people in the forum you found the rom in.
  17. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

You'll get it grasshoppa'.....you'll get it.
    I know I was antsy for it too UNTIL I got it.
    Hardly use it. :p
    Why?
    Because I keep forgetting I have it.
  18. almath

almath Well-Known Member

I used it twice, first day I got it and just now just to refresh my memory.
  19. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Each time I used it I was showing off what I could do.
    Now have no one to show it off to unless I walk up to absolute strangers. :p
  20. drexappeal

Wow, I use it all the time when I'm being lazy and just lounging around on the weekend. I'll answer texts, while browsing at the same time.

That said, I can also understand why people don't use it all the time. And word of warning for those that use Chrome, I've found that using Chrome in Multi-window has been the only thing that has sent the phone into a soft reset (so weird).

Nontheless, I still love it (especially because the phone restarts so fast). And this has been the #1 selling point for some of my family members and co-workers. After I showed them multi-window, they were convinced and all said, "that is too cool not to have. I want it."
  21. almath

almath Well-Known Member

I really don't think "use multitasking". I guess if I thought about it more I'd use it way more often but I'm waiting for the ability to add different apps in an easier way then I've seen posted or someone makes an app for that. I don't use any stock apps so that's part of it, too.
  22. drexappeal

That totally makes sense. Only one that I want to do the XDA trick with is Tapatalk. That would be awesome to search for links, just like a pc, and then be able to copy and paste via Tapatalk.
  23. Lucidmike

Lucidmike Well-Known Member

You guys missed a bunch of stuff! Here's a list that I put together.
    Android 4.1.2 New Features for Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    1. Camera feature: Hold Volume to focus, release to take photo
    2. Video feature: Press Volume to start recording, press again to toggle flash.
    3. 480p Flash Video Works (if you have latest Flash Player 11.1.115.34 Installed)
    4. New Samsung Keyboard Feature: Cursor Control, Continuous Input (If you didn't already have it)
    5. Customized Notification Toggle Icons
    6. New Notification Toggles: AllShare Cast, Smart Stay, S Bean, Driving Mode, Blocking Mode
    7. Brightness slider can now be disabled, but who would do this? :)
    8. Browser rendering improvements (3 examples, please confirm with 4.1.1)
    9. Ink Effect with S Pen on Swipe lockscreen, and customizable ink colors.
    10. Some devices may experience maximum brightness boost (Up to 400% of previous level)

Video Review
    Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.1.2 New Features: Swap Notification Icons, 480p Flash Video Fix, Ink Effect - YouTube
  24. drexappeal

Bumping up this thread regarding the 4.1.2 update.

Has anybody gotten this popup:

Software update
    Then there's just an OK acceptance button at the bottom.

Since the International Note 2 isn't my primary phone and usually stays on airplane mode, it's not that big a deal for me to update, but would like to so that I won't have to worry about it. Anybody know how to get passed that message and force the update?

Thanks in advance.
  25. prasadsawant47

prasadsawant47 Active Member

Yeah I got that too, what does that mean?