• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Bumping up this thread regarding the 4.1.2 update.

Has anybody gotten this popup:

Software update

Then there's just an OK acceptance button at the bottom.

Since the International Note 2 isn't my primary phone and usually stays on airplane mode, it's not that big a deal for me to update, but would like to so that I won't have to worry about it. Anybody know how to get passed that message and force the update?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah I got that too what does it mean

Upvote 0
UPDATE: Just updated the International Note 2 using Kies (as some others had recommended). It was pretty simple process, but the only complicated part was stopping the phone from syncing anything (I didn't want to back up using Kies, since I'm really OCD about backing up where I want the files to be).

Nontheless, once I had Kies fully installed on my PC, I just plugged the phone in and it showed the firmware update at the top of the Kies program, so I just clicked on that and let the phone sit for a while. Only drawback was that I had to cancel it the first time, due to my battery being "too low" for it to allow the system to update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones