1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

4.1.2General

1. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

According to members at XDA they have started rolling out the new jb update for our phones on sprint. :)

Advertisement
    :
    thunder18 likes this.
  2. darryjr

darryjr Well-Known Member

You got me all excited, lol, I checked my phone, tried to force and update and nothing, oh well.
  3. alsaces daddy

Sorry. Its a slow process. It might be this week or next. I know it started rolling out last night. Its spread across the nation. They currently have a way to update it if you are rooted already but if not you will have to wait.
  4. alsaces daddy

Apparently its just a leak. LG says they are still working on the official release as of today. Hmph!
  5. Nalej

Nalej Well-Known Member

Patiently waiting. Well, I'm waiting. Love the phone with ICS. Can't wait to see it with JB.
    Soon enough.
  6. alsaces daddy

If you are rooted and unlocked i posted a thread in ATR section to a link at xda where you can now flash the stock jb
  7. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I'm running stock rooted jellybean. Its running great. Even the reception with LTe is better. I hope the official build includes the pop windows LG has been advertising
  8. alsaces daddy

Glad you got set up.
  9. larry510

larry510 Active Member

The official version (LS970ZVA) from Sprint has been released.
    bobojay likes this.
  10. bobojay

bobojay Member

Patiently waiting here. WANT it!
  11. alsaces daddy

Little trick.. clear google data under apps. Reboot then try to update.

As i said before its rolling our very slowly to make sure there's no bugs or glitches.
  12. larry510

larry510 Active Member

Just tried that. Didn't work.
  13. alsaces daddy

Then it hasn't been pushed to you yet. Claim we will all have it by the end of the month. Lets hold our breath together.
    bobojay likes this.
  14. larry510

larry510 Active Member

I would hope they wouldn't make anyone wait more than a week for this. Generally in the past with other releases everyone got the update within 7 days or less.
  15. alsaces daddy

Sadly enough it dropped feb 26. Little over a week now.
  16. larry510

larry510 Active Member

Sprint just listed the availability of the update on their community forum yesterday. What makes you think it dropped on Feb. 26?
  17. alsaces daddy

18. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

I read it on the internet, it must be true... :)

A few hundred people with the phone on XDA, and 15 get it... You would think at least one other forum member somewhere other than XDA would have received it. But nobody on the two forums I am on daily received it, unless they rooted and got it from the links at XDA. Nor have I heard any claims about the earlier drop that didn't reference XDA.

I don't know why someone would fake a release, but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it just might be a duck.
  19. Toadie

Toadie Member

I keep checking for the update on my phone and get the error message "Authentication Error". Before, it would just say "No update at this time". I hope I didn't ruin things checking so frequently once I saw the Sprint release yesterday.

Maybe I just have to wait until it's pushed to my LGOG? Or is the authentication error a larger issue? Anyone know anything about this?

I googled authentication errors and kept finding WiFi issues, but that certainly is not an issue for me.
  20. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

I am not sure what could be causing your error, but I just decided to check both LG updates and firmware updates to see if it might be a system wide thing, and I got the usual messages indicating that nothing is available.
  21. Toadie

Toadie Member

Thanks for the info. I'll wait a few days and if I still haven't gotten the update, I will try a factory reset and then try to update. I'm planning on a factory reset after I update to JB anyway, so nothing to lose really. Thank the gods for G+ auto-upload full size! It really makes anything on my phone's hard-drive a non-issue if it dies.

Btw Sprint says all phones should have it within 10 days.
  22. alsaces daddy

Well there ya go. :D

And as for the guys over at xda? They have quite a few hundred. We have a very few over here. Its like fishing in a freshly stocked pond over fishing in the weeds. Just aint gonna catch anything unless you got fish ya know?

Besides we all think the earlier guys got a leak somehow. Not sure and no way of actually knowing. But i would expect to see it in the next couple of weeks if not by the end of the month as i earlier said.
  23. larry510

larry510 Active Member

Agreed. I am highly suspicious as well and don't believe there was an early Sprint approved release either.

Still no update on mine yet and I've been checking twice a day. I personally know 4 people who have this phone and NONE of them have the update yet either.
  24. alsaces daddy

Where are you located?
  25. alsaces daddy

Check this out. This is a thread on who has received it and who hasn't.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2169455

I dont know how they determine their roll out speed or areas to drop it either. I almost want to assume it by location or meid number or something of the sort. Who knows really.. :confused: