• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4.2.2 Does anyone have it?

Unless you're rooted I'm not sure. You may just have to wait for the OTA to rollout to yours. You might be able to use adb if you're not rooted I'm just not sure. Check the 4.2.2 thread in the all things root forum. You may be able to use the nexus 10 toolkit to temp load a recovery and install 4.2.2, but you may have to unlock the boot loader to even do that.

Upvote 0
i found a few links online for manual installation instructions. i might try that..... but its already rolled out so if i wait, im sure ill get it.

I'm just not sure how the rollouts work! haha.

havent thought about rooting yet, havent found any reasons yet!

thx for the response

Upvote 0
Unless you're rooted I'm not sure. You may just have to wait for the OTA to rollout to yours. You might be able to use adb if you're not rooted I'm just not sure. Check the 4.2.2 thread in the all things root forum. You may be able to use the nexus 10 toolkit to temp load a recovery and install 4.2.2, but you may have to unlock the boot loader to even do that.

atmazzz, think this will work? Update Nexus 10 to Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with JDQ39 OTA Firmware [How to Install] - IBTimes UK

im impatient haha!

Upvote 0
I just sideloaded the 4.2.2 update to my tab...painless process. However, finding and installing the drivers was a PITA. I used the following site for the Nexus 10 ADB and fastboot drivers -
How to Set Up ADB / Fastboot with Android SDK for Any Andorid Device

After installing the drivers, it was smooth sailing.

Edit - BTW, I'm completely stock.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones