4.2.2 Does anyone have it?General

1. Chrizzl3

Chrizzl3 Well-Known Member

My roommates Nexus 7 just got the 4.2.2. update. I tried to manually say "search update", but nothing was found.

How can i get this? Or just wait?

Thx in advance for any response.

-CF-

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Unless you're rooted I'm not sure. You may just have to wait for the OTA to rollout to yours. You might be able to use adb if you're not rooted I'm just not sure. Check the 4.2.2 thread in the all things root forum. You may be able to use the nexus 10 toolkit to temp load a recovery and install 4.2.2, but you may have to unlock the boot loader to even do that.
  3. Chrizzl3

i found a few links online for manual installation instructions. i might try that..... but its already rolled out so if i wait, im sure ill get it.

I'm just not sure how the rollouts work! haha.

havent thought about rooting yet, havent found any reasons yet!

thx for the response
  4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Not sure how long it will take, but manual installation doesn't require root or even being unlocked. Just one adb command to side load and your good to go.

If you are unlocked, and still have stock recovery, you can boot cwm or twrp and flash the zip file in that.
  5. Ekim Gram

Ekim Gram Well-Known Member

I've always found patience is a virtue with these kinds of things. From what I've read the update offers minor bug fixes and a slight boost in performance, nothing too crazy considering how well the Nexus 10 works already if you ask me.
  6. Chrizzl3

atmazzz, think this will work? Update Nexus 10 to Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with JDQ39 OTA Firmware [How to Install] - IBTimes UK

im impatient haha!
  7. clo821

clo821 Well-Known Member

I just sideloaded the 4.2.2 update to my tab...painless process. However, finding and installing the drivers was a PITA. I used the following site for the Nexus 10 ADB and fastboot drivers -
    How to Set Up ADB / Fastboot with Android SDK for Any Andorid Device

After installing the drivers, it was smooth sailing.

Edit - BTW, I'm completely stock.
    Chrizzl3 and Atma like this.
  8. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

9. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

I just waited until I got a notifications that a System Update has been downloaded and installed it. I would be patient; maybe reboot.
  10. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

I considered manually updating it myself but as it's a minor update I'm going to wait. If it was Key Lime Pie I'd be all over it though haha.
  11. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I read somewhere key lime pie will be the next update after 4.2.2. Probably during the Google I/O conference.
  12. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Yeah pretty sure I read that also, happy with that, really looking forward to seeing the feature list for it.
  13. clo821

clo821 Well-Known Member

I did encounter a lockup last night after my update to 4.2.2. I decided to give it a FDR, however, I chose not to auto restore apps when logging into the tablet.
    Hopefully this helps as I'm at wit's end.
  14. eightsixseven

eightsixseven Member

Tried the Settings -> Apps -> All -> Google Services Framework
    clear cache & data trick and got the update OTA first time. Haven't noticed any big differences yet, but at least I can stop checking for the update.
    Atma and BynoUK like this.
  15. clo821

clo821 Well-Known Member

Crashed on me today again, however, I was using chrome. Back to Boat browser
  16. bcraig10488

bcraig10488 Member

Just got 4.2.2 on my N10.
  17. mhlsilverdale

mhlsilverdale Well-Known Member

See subject...
  18. siggy1964

siggy1964 Well-Known Member

Got it today.
  19. shagnscooby

shagnscooby Member

Got mine last night after clearing out the Google Services Framework.

I got a random reboot this morning. Hope its unrelated. I was playing the Simpsons Tapped Out.
  20. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Well-Known Member

I was never able to get 4.2.1 update to stick on mine. Sigh.
  21. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Aren't you rooted? Download 4.2.2 from the link in the all things root forum or root guide and you can just flash it in recovery.
  22. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Well-Known Member

It'll work properly going directly to 4.2.2 from 4.2.0 right?

Be nice to finally fix this thing. Sick of the update icon in the tray
  23. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Yep it should.
  24. tanware

tanware Well-Known Member

Just did mine too......
  25. OR Droid

OR Droid Member

Yup. On Sunday, with the wife's N-10.