4.2.2 in Note 2?Support

Last Updated: 2013-05-24 01:36:12
  1. amitabhbansal

amitabhbansal Member

friends, i am totally new user of this note 2 phone, i have just purchased it few days back, before samsung i was using Iphone, but my bad luck that after i purchased the Note 2 samsung released S4, i have read the description of both and found that S4 is on Jellybean 4.2.2 and my note 2 is on 4.2.1, so my question is did samsung also provide the same updates to the older phones? like iphone do in IOS, i am eagerly wanting 4.2.2 on my note 2. please do reply thanks

Advertisement
  2. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member

Yes, the Note 2 will get 4.2.2.
    amitabhbansal likes this.
  3. amitabhbansal

amitabhbansal Member

thanks for the prompt reply, one more thing how can we know when we will get that update? and will all the features of S4 will be there in 4.2.2 in Note 2?
  4. R4nd0mJ0k3r

It's hard to say when you will get the update. Different countries/regions get it at different times.

And Samsung has said that, hardware permitting, all S4 features will come to the Note 2. So we wont have, for example, the infra red features, as this is a hardware limitation. But things like eye tracking etc are performed using the camera so we should get these.
    amitabhbansal likes this.
  5. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

the smart stay feature sucks, IMO. in dim light it can never tell that I am looking at the screen so it shuts the screen off. there are lots of bells and whistles that I find (like smart stay) pretty useless IMO. Love this phone but recognize that Samsung is stretching pretty far with some of these "features". I'd rather have a far brighter screen than some of the Sammy-only features.
  6. ceva321

ceva321 Well-Known Member

Sorry to disagree with you. But the smart stay works perfectly in dim light. Use it everything night. I take full advantage of all the bells and whistles otherwise get an Iphone.
  7. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

I have this happen also; whether in a dim room or well lit. Smart stay works when it wants to.
  8. dragma

dragma Well-Known Member

Welcome over to the android side. As others have said hardware permitting alot of the features on the S4 will be ported over to the note 2.

What I would like to talk about is the dark side of Android, Fragmentation.

You see, even though one phone from a manufacturer will get the latest version of android does not mean all of them will. this is due to differences in hardware, and the carriers. This is perhaps the biggest downside to the android system.

No I currently do not have a note 2 my self, (that is coming in the next week.) but I thought I would shed some light where others had not.
  9. tigmd99

tigmd99 Well-Known Member

Isn't the current version on Note 2 is 4.1.2? That is what I have on Sprint.
  10. R4nd0mJ0k3r

Yes, most people (with official FW) are currently running 4.1.2.
  11. missy brown

missy brown Well-Known Member

verzion just got 4.1.2
  12. not on the rug

not on the rug Active Member

my coworker was told by samsung that with note 2 (for verizon anyway) will not be getting 4.2.2.
  13. TheOtherBill

TheOtherBill Well-Known Member

I wasn't having a lot of luck with Smart Stay either but I think I know why now. I was playing with some of the camera features and accidentally switched to the front cam - and realized that the way *I* hold my phone, the camera only captures the top of my head. This would explain why it didn't always know where my face was.
  14. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Glad it's working for you. I turned it off. General I have my S Pen in my hand and when it's near the screen it does what smart stay does.
  15. Redsurfbus

Redsurfbus Active Member

Smart stay never works for me, I bought some glasses with all the protective coatings (regret this as they are a pain to clean).....works without my glasses though
  16. amitabhbansal

amitabhbansal Member

i m extremely sorry for the typing mistake, i m in India using Vodafone and the version is 4.1.2. you are right, dont know if someone else have different one
  17. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

18. XMB

XMB Member

19. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

The article may be a bit biased, but that doesn't take away the fact that iOS fragmentation exists.

Agreed, Android is more fragmented, I don't deny that.
  20. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

Must be a Verizo-instigated blockage because Verizon couldn't "bloat" it or take control of its content. AT&T supposed to be releasing late summer
  21. ceva321

ceva321 Well-Known Member

you mean 4.1.2 NOT 4.2.1
  22. Momochu

Momochu Member

So does that mean that the note will be getting the photos with sound?
  23. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

my up to date version is 4.1.2. is that the same as 4.1 or is it 4.2?
  24. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

4.2.2 is the newest version of Android right now and has some cool new features. 4.1 vs 4.2 is a big difference, now 4.1.1 vs 4.1.2 isn't as much of a big deal, nor is 4.2.1 vs 4.2.2. The third number tends to be bug fixes and smaller things. So no they're not the same, and most phones that aren't Nexus devices do not have 4.2 yet.