4.2.2, Sense 5.1 roll outSupport

1. emf1138

emf1138 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Well-Known Member

i saw this too. The One is supposed to get 4.2.2. but as for sense 5.1...i thought sense 5.0 was brand new to the One? i dont know about any 5.1
  3. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member VIP Member

It may make it to the International One about the same time it does to the Butterfly, but the various carrier branded versions probably have a LONG wait before we see the update - Especially in the US.
  4. toad6386

toad6386 Well-Known Member

Confirmed... The 4.2.2/5.1 leaked was dumped over at XDA HERE
    Bob's right though, probably be a while before us'ns here in the states see an OTA with that. Folks just making it hard to resist rooting before S-Off possible! :p
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

According to the video, Sense 5.1 adds statusbar toggles back. Hooray for that, that was standard in Sense 3, although they've been somewhat rearranged if that vid is an indication.

I'd expect some other Sense improvements along with this, they've had time for plenty of feedback from One users for areas to improve.

Butterfly users are feeling the sting of no longer being on the flagship phone (and others are feeling some strong update desires), so it makes sense (no pun intended) that they're preparing a broader update, not just for the One.
  6. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

I had read reports that HTC is making a push to try to get all their handsets up to date and keep them there.

We will have to see but if it's true then it is good news for HTC handset owners.

Early: I thought you were on the fence and had not decided if you were getting a one?.
    What did you decide?
    You getting one? :D
  7. EarlyMon

Attached is last night's status from my LTEvo.

As you can see, I need a 64 GB copy for Sprint for whatever I do.

The One is still the leading choice. :)

Attached Files:

8. LoyalServant

Great DAY!

What have you got on there.... blueprints to the space shuttle? :D

The problem is that AT&T is claiming the 64GB version... :rolleyes:

I do miss some aspects of Android 4.2+ that are not present on the One, so hopefully this leak ends up being a release so the rom cookers can make us up a nice sense 5.1 /4.2 rom :)
  9. EarlyMon

I do development work, so that takes a chunk, and music, my pictures and home videos, books, etc etc etc.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that ATT's lock on the 64 GB model is permanent.

Hopefully, they'll get back to the old ways of being first with updates.
  10. LoyalServant

That would be great but my sticking point with HTC is their loss of interest when they release a new flagship.
    Right now the One is it but what happens when they release a two or something..

I do development stuff too but I dare not carry the source on my phone :)
  11. EarlyMon

The LTEvo is slated for a Sense update with Blinkfeed for example. They maintain support, this is the Butterfly update after all, they're just slow.

They just didn't used to be. :(

BTW, I can't trust things to non-local storage and I like not being shackled to a laptop. :)

PS - Of course, Jellybean 4.3 is about to be announced, so even if they bring out 4.2.2 next week, there will be much upset in the land.
  12. LoyalServant

As a developer I can understand what grinds the gears of users... I get to hear it from my users.

People will wonder why they don't have sense 5.1 and Android 5 this go around and I will probably shake my head when I read all the HTC hate in blogs and on forums.
  13. EarlyMon

Already seeing complaints that 4.3 won't be Key Lime Pie lol.

If you're not familiar, Google for Louis C. K. everything is amazing and nobody's happy. :D
    SuperC142 likes this.
  14. LoyalServant

Oh man that made my day love it!
    EarlyMon likes this.
  15. ironman187

ironman187 Well-Known Member

While trolling the web for something that was totally unrelated (no not "naughty stuff") I ran across this, it would seem that an HTC Dev.tweeted that the update would probably be coming in two to three weeks.
    corona10 and KOLIO like this.
  16. PrinceOfDorne

PrinceOfDorne Well-Known Member

EarlyMon and kylecummins like this.
  17. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

18. EarlyMon

19. Jazzdude

Jazzdude Active Member

20. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I'm already running the Sense 5 4.2.2 update and it's everything an update should be. Nothing but enhancements. The quick settings panel is one of my favorite additions as well as the home button now acting as a menu key if u choose so in the settings. Phone is about the same as far as speed goes for me. Still trying out battery. But they really did right with this update. Running the international ROM leak for my ATT One by the way.
  21. TheSuper

TheSuper Well-Known Member

22. Paul25

Paul25 Well-Known Member Contributor

HTC finally pulls through and it seems that the company is planning to release a much awaited Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update for their favorite aluminum clad Android device, the HTC One
    WA_Bob likes this.
  23. EarlyMon

Late due to manipulation of aluminum??

If that's the best they can do technically... Just saying. ;)
    WA_Bob and KOLIO like this.
  24. jcdub

jcdub Well-Known Member