4.2.2, Sense 5.1 roll outSupport

Last Updated: 2013-11-27 15:24:21
  1. Hillmon

Hillmon Member

2. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

4.2.2 official has been released, will probably start seeing the OTA's soon.
  3. MoshuXXL

MoshuXXL Member

I've installed 4.2.2 yesterday. CID_032 Romania
    ironman187 likes this.
  4. henryka

henryka Member

I got 4.2.2 today (Norway)
    KOLIO likes this.
  5. BerntBalchen

BerntBalchen Member

Same here :) There was one little update first so it could handle the 4.2.2, but all went well. This update did not do anything with the LTE problem i have. But i know they are working on it. And its still on 5.0 HTC sense.
    KOLIO and ironman187 like this.
  6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Not sure if this is common knowledge, thought I'd mention it -

Cult of Android: How To Hide The Virtual Menu Button On Your HTC One With Android 4.2.2. http://goo.gl/mag/clsocy7
  7. valeschumi

valeschumi Member

Philippines got the update yesterday, ok sofar
    KOLIO likes this.
  8. ajeet

ajeet Active Member

From Malaysia, got the update last night (12 hours ago).
    KOLIO likes this.
  9. JKOH

JKOH Member

From Singapore, finally got my update last night.
    You will get a small update to fix a bug and after that the 4.2.2.:)
    KOLIO likes this.
  10. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

The update has just arrived for my phone (UK, unbranded).

Going to take a nandroid before applying it (been using temp recovery to keep the option).
    KOLIO and marctronixx like this.
  11. danski

danski Well-Known Member

Yup, I checked my unbranded One this morning, had a small update first to fix a bug allowing a updates, checked again after it retsrted and 4.2.2 now downloading...

I`m in UK too.
    KOLIO and marctronixx like this.
  12. Paul25

Paul25 Well-Known Member Contributor

HTC One Update to Android 4.2.2 available in the UK.
    https://www.facebook.com/htcuk?hc_location=stream
    The Jellybean 4.2.2. update for the HTC One started rolling out in the UK from today. Download it now: Settings > About > Software Updates > Check now
    MartinS likes this.
  13. Hadron

And with one small settings change the three dot menu bar is gone :)

Info for rooters: the 4.2.2 update also updates your bootloader. You'll still be able to use the HTCDev unlock (I expect), but you will not be able to use revone to gain S-Off, and probably not moonshine either (not confirmed - the XDA thread for that is very quiet).

This may change in future, but right now if you are interested in S-Off do it before accepting this update, as you won't be able to after.

(Further discussion of this should be taken to All Things Root).
    marctronixx likes this.
  14. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Just checked again and got the bug fix. Hopefully the update will follow.

EDIT: Yes downloading 4.2.2

Hoorah!

Although it seems to lose Google Keyboard. Still shows up in the market but disappeared on the phone. I can open the app from the market but when I press "enable in settings" it's not there...
  15. Hadron

One funny little effect I've just noticed. Apex Pro is very smooth on this device except the zoom out to screen previews was always a bit jerky (especially if triggered by tapping the home key rather than pinching). Nothing in Apex settings seemed to make much difference, though maybe I didn't try hard enough. Now with 4.2.2 that animation is suddenly extremely smooth. I guess it's some change in the system animations that's responsible, but that's the one flaw in the launcher fixed for me :)
    KOLIO likes this.
  16. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Wasn't it 4.2+ where "Project Butter" really came in? This may have helped the rendering process in Apex...
  17. Hadron

Could be. It was talked about before 4.2, but as I was running Gingerbread back then I wasn't keeping detailed track of the changes :)
  18. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

SO we don't blow this thread up with "i got it too" posts, just post here if any issues occur or to address any changes. any "i got mine too" posts may be removed just to keep the thread clean.

Any rooting questions please take those to the rooted section.

Congrats to all who are getting the update!
    Hadron likes this.
  19. worrasf

worrasf Member

HTC one on EE - major software update release today 2.24.61.1 (416.42 MB) - currently downloading

Steve
  20. garyr4

garyr4 New Member

got my update 6pm yesterday in North East England, smaller update of the two sent my blinkfeed crazy, had to factory reset phone to stop it trying to synchronise constantly and draining the battery, phones just as fast as before, only problem with update is the developers option in settings isn't there anymore, other than that no problems.
  21. Hadron

That's a JB 4.2 feature, not HTC specific.

It does exist, but you need to use an Easter Egg to enable it (!!??). Go to Settings > About > Software Information > More, and tap repeatedly on "Build number". After a few taps it will start to give you a countdown, and if you keep on tapping you will be told "congratulations, you are now a developer" or words to that effect.

Once you've done that, the Developer options menu will be back.

No, I've really no idea who thought this was a good idea...
    KOLIO, PyroSporker, EarlyMon and 2 others like this.
  22. garyr4

garyr4 New Member

Developer options menu is now back thanks Hadron :). I think somebody
    needs to give there head a shake on this one.
    marctronixx likes this.
  23. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

THX!

Coincidentally, I stumbled upon this on my HISENSE SERO 7 PRO tablet last night, w/o prior knowledge of this. I was wondering WTH that was all about....... :D
    marctronixx likes this.
  24. Mouse1903

Mouse1903 Member

Got it yesterday, quick to install. Like the extra information given in the drop down menu, although annoying you have to go through an extra window to switch on the power saver
  25. Hadron

Swings and roundabouts. For those of us who don't change that setting, the advantage is that we no longer have that permanent(*) "power saver" notification cluttering the notification area. Guess it really is impossible to please everyone :(

Though HTC, if you are reading this: make that power switch panel customisable and maybe you will please everyone :D.

I find that I do use it, but have kept my previous notification power widget as well, since I can get to that quicker and it has options the HTC one doesn't have. Shame you can't make the power widget the default when you pull the notifications down (an old Desire ROM which had a similar panel, Redux 2, would show the toggles first if there were no non-permanent notifications present, which was quite a good solution).

(*) Yeah, I know there was a trick to get rid of it until the next reboot. Happy not to have to bother with that now.
    PyroSporker and marctronixx like this.