• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.2.2 update problem with exchange services

trankster

May 3, 2010
Irvine, CA
After 7 months of near flawless performance, my exchange services (corporate email) is no longer working and giving an error "Exchange Services has Stopped". I have done soft resets, powered down and on, deleted the email account and added (which I can no longer do as a result of Exchange Services stopped) with no improvement. I am not rooted BTW. Has anyone else had this happen, and found a solution?

I hesitate to do a factory reset because I do not want to start over reinstalling apps and data and personalizing my stock launcher home and other screens. And, not sure a factory reset is the solution. Is there a way to save or back up your customized launcher screens so that you do not have to rebuild them after a hard/factory reset? Thanks for your help.

I updated also and have two different exchange accounts setup (two different server). My setup didn't stop working and I don't have the same problem. I did however notice that I am getting a lot of problems to send emails which are getting stuck in the outbox with a network error even though 3G or wireless are at full reception.

Upvote 0
For your home screens, you could install Nova/Apex and use their import feature to import what you've got on stock? They have a backup option which back up the settings/desktop info to your SD Card.

Copy the backup file to your PC, just in case the reset wipes it.

You could also try Carbon, that backs up everything and doesn't need root to do so.

Upvote 0
After 7 months of near flawless performance, my exchange services (corporate email) is no longer working and giving an error "Exchange Services has Stopped". I have done soft resets, powered down and on, deleted the email account and added (which I can no longer do as a result of Exchange Services stopped) with no improvement. I am not rooted BTW. Has anyone else had this happen, and found a solution?

Same for me - since 4.2.2 update I can no longer sync with my company's exchange account. No idea yet.
Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I resolved my issue via a hint I found in another forum.

(Sorry if the menu entries are not correct, my Android is german, so
I have to guess the names of the english entries)

Select Settings / Data Usage.
Open the context menu at the top right.
Check "Autom. synchronize data"

Seems that selection was lost during 4.2.2 update
(and according to the thread where I found the hint - the same
happened after 4.1.2 update ...)

Reactions: crion133
Upvote 0
Tried the Factory reset this weekend. As I feared it did not solve the problem. Now I need to spend hours rebuilding and restoring my folders and data. As I relied on my N7 for email, calendar and contacts away from my desktop computer, this is very frustrating and a big loss in confidence in the Nexus 7. :mad:

Did you backup your data? Most folks have all their contacts backed up in case of an issue. If you have a google account everything should be saved and available for export.

Upvote 0

Lightning, You saved my day! :-D I never would have looked in that section without Your hint! One thing I have to add: After activating the beforementioned automatic data synchronization I also had to set the sync-frequencies to automatic, then it started to work again. We will see what will happen after changing frequencies back to "normal"...

Happy easter from Goettingen! :)

Upvote 0
After doing the 4.2.2 update I had the same issue. Have just worked with our company's help desk and problem solved. Go to Settings -- Data Usage -- Menu (on my Galaxy Nexus S1 it is little dots at top right). Put a check by Auto-sync data. This should always be checked if you are wanting to sync with Exchange. During the 4.2.2 update it is removed. :(

Upvote 0

Brilliant worked a treat on my Nexus 4 which suddenly dropped this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones