4.2 keyboard

1. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

I downloaded the 4.2 apk. I am running EOS rom. I want to confirm the steps to replace the stock keyboard with the 4.2 keyboard.

1. save the stock keyboard somewhere so you can revert back if need be.
    2. rename the 4.2 keyboard to same name as the stock keyboard and use root explorer to replace the stock keyboard with the 4.2 keyboard.
    3. wipe cache, dalvik, fix permissions, reboot.

Advertisement
    :
  2. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Should work. There are flashable versions out there though.
    NaterTots likes this.
  3. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Here's a flashable zip for the 4.2 keyboard, no need to wipe. http://db.tt/ntuwnYF1
    NaterTots and slyd like this.
  4. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

Thx a million.
  5. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Once you flash it, go to settings>language & input (or something to that affect), and select the "android keyboard".
    NaterTots likes this.
  6. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

I ended up flashing the full gapps later. Might as well. but that keyboard is so much fun!
  7. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

Can 4.2 gapps be updated thru the playstore on a 4.1.2 ROM? Will the playstore recognize the app version I have and know its version that needs to be updated.
  8. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Pretty much. But the gapps package is all system stuff other than Calendar and Gmail, and I don't think the market is that far up to date. If the market version ever got updated to something newer than what you flashed, it should be upgradeable. Even if it wasn't (invalid package or something) you could always uninstall and reinstall.

But most of the Gapps aren't downloadable in the market anyway.