4.2 probsSupport

1. MoMoDee

MoMoDee Well-Known Member

My battery will not have a 100% charge since I updated the other day. I let it go down to about 15-20% at night and plug it in before I go to bed. When I wake up, its only at 97% That's a whole 7-8 hours of charging and not getting a full battery. I'm thinking I might do a reset..but I don't know. Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. jhonb

jhonb Well-Known Member

Maybe the battery is just bad. How old is it?
    MoMoDee likes this.
  3. MoMoDee

Actually, it's a new battery. I even switched it to the old. Does the same thing.
  4. patruns

patruns Well-Known Member

Try shutting the phone off while it is charging.
    MoMoDee likes this.
  5. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

If you leave the phone on the charger overnight, it will not keep trickle charging the phone the whole night. What I've noticed is that once the phone hits 100% charge, it stops charging till the charge level drops (up to 5% - down to 95% - this varies by manufacturer, and the phone). Once it hits that pre-determined charge level (less than 100%), it will start charging again.

You can verify this - start charging the phone about 3-4 hours earlier than you usually do, and check the phone periodically. (From about 50% charge, my phone takes a little over 1.5 hours to get to 100%, so hopefully, from 15-50% charge, it can get to 100% in under 4 hours).

When it hits 100% (and I believe it will hit 100%), you can confirm this 'theory'
    MoMoDee likes this.
  6. MoMoDee

Thanks, I'll try that.
  7. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

This is correct. It will get up into the high 90's.... trickle to 100% and then stop charging and drift down. At about 95% it will trickle up again and then continue up and down until you unplug.
  8. jhonb

jhonb Well-Known Member

Don't know if it is different chargers we use, or what, but I plug all my crap in at night before bed and I have never had any of my devices say anything else than 100% in the AM. This includes my GNex phone and my Nex 10 tablet. The tablet is stock, and the phone is stock, but unlocked.
  9. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Well-Known Member

Maybe because it's stock, the software reads 100% battery even though it may be as low as 95% while charging. I know in the past I've just cleared the battery stats when the battery percentage was off. I bought an extended battery about a month ago and cleared the stats to get a more accurate reading. Takes a few charges, but it does the job for me.
  10. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

My GNex does the same with an official 2000 mAh battery. Every morning when I unplug the charger it's at 99% and then if I plug it back in again it will charge to 100%. As a comparison, my HTC Desire with stock battery would always display 100% every morning after I unplugged the charger. Both using the OEM charger that came with the device.
  11. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

I used to have the same problem with my rezound. The fix was to unplug your phone turn the phone off in the morning and plug it back in. It should take about 10 minutes or so to get a full charge. Hope this helps
  12. MoMoDee

Thanks guys. I restarted my phone and that seemed to do the trick. Although, it still takes a while to charge..
  13. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

if it seems to be taking a while to charge check the battery stats or the about phone stats to make sure its showing "Charging (AC)". A lot of people, myself included, see that about half the time I plug it into the wall it shows "Charging (USB)" which means it will charge at a much slower rate. I think the USB port on this phone is cheap and sometimes the pins don't sit right and register as a full AC charger. Usually unplugging and plugging it back in gets me AC charging.