4.2 Update for Galaxy S3 (International)General

Last Updated:

1. Ghost10bxl

Ghost10bxl Well-Known Member

So I absolutely can't wait for that update, specially features like widget on lock screen and Photo Sphere. Does anyone know when the update is coming out?

Is it coming out with the Galaxy S4?

Last question: Is it worth upgrading to Galaxy S4 from S3?

Advertisement
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

I say no
    Dont know
    No :)
  3. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

No, don't know when it's coming out. But anyway, I don't know that it will come with photosphere as that came with pure android on the Nexus 4, and this is a Samsung rom with a different camera app. But you can root and install the Nexus 4 camera and gallery and you can use photosphere (I have - it's cool :))

Yes. Android 4.2 is coming with the S4

Whether it's worth upgrading is up to you. If you NEED a 1080p display and larger capacity battery then yes. If not, no.
  4. trale

trale Well-Known Member

If 4.2 does come to my Galaxy S3 (Verizon), would there be a way to block/stop/decline the OTA update (my phone is rooted)?
  5. funkylogik

Also u can use the Widget Locker lockscreen app :thumbup:
    uknow likes this.
  6. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

If ur rooted u can go in and delete update scripts if u want more info ill be glad to post a link
  7. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Most custom recoveries block OTA updates.
  8. funkylogik

Wouldnt there be a simple way by disabling a system app?
  9. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

You can just use the stock application manager to disable the software update app.
  10. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

In ICS you could but I don't think that's been an option since 4.1.1?
  11. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

No ones sure if 4.2 will ever come to GS3
  12. Shotgun84

It works on 4.1.2. There are two software update apps, one will disable and the other won't but you only need to disable one to stop the update being pushed
    [​IMG]
  13. trale

trale Well-Known Member

I couldn't find "Software Update" in my App manager (in the All tab)...

what's the name of the other one?
  14. SUroot

No one is sure WHEN 4.2 is coming to the S3. Its definitely coming. I'm running a 4.2.1 Samsung test build right now and have been doing for weeks
  15. SUroot

That's odd. This and the fw update one have both been greyed out for me for a long time. Maybe that's because I have custom roms
  16. Ghost10bxl

Ghost10bxl Well-Known Member

But I have seen on a leaked ROM version so it must be coming to GS3/4.2

Thank you!

I already have widget locker but it doesn't have functionality such as have different screens(swipe to get to them) which I want! I don't want a clutter of apps on my main lockscreen!

I would like a Music Player Widget, Calender, Tasks and few more so it'll be a clutter on my main screen
  17. Shotgun84

They're both called Software Update on mine, the only difference in name is one has a capital U and the other doesn't.

Yeah it's a bit strange. I'm sure the options always been there whatever ROM I've been using although I wouldn't bet my life on it. I've been on neat a while so maybe it wasn't there with wanamlite and omega.
  18. SUroot

In Omega its in the bloatware remover so its not even present for me currently. I used Wanam mostly and i'm fairly certain it was greyed out there.
  19. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

You're on Omega? I'm assuming that's because Wanam said he isn't developing his 4.2 rom until an official Samsung release is in the wild.
  20. SUroot

Yeah I need 4.2 for script development and omega is the best of the 4.2s... I really need quick access to the 4 in 1 reboot which wanam didn't have
  21. funkylogik

I dont have the Software Update apps on Neat rom LITE :thumbup:
  22. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

That is a Rom created by a Dev, which probably does not have Touchwiz.

Just have to wait and see. It should be (gulp) SOON.
  23. SUroot

No its a leak from Samsung. 4.2.1 with touchwiz. I've been running it for weeks. Its incomplete but it exists none-the-less
  24. funkylogik

Do they leak builds on purpose so the devs can get a head start before its released mate?
  25. sarahard7

sarahard7 Member

If I was helpful to you, please click the Thanks button.