4.2General

Last Updated: 2012-11-20 09:31:59
  1. erosgomez

erosgomez Member

Heeey i have updated to 4.2 update manually using this link http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/13/android-4-2-build-jop40c-rolling-out-to-the-nexus-7-now-manual-download-link-available/ because my tablet didnt recieve it OTA so this is for people that had the same priblem :D

Advertisement
    umataro42 likes this.
  2. perfectstranger

perfectstranger Well-Known Member

3. erosgomez

erosgomez Member

*Problem
  4. bd177

bd177 Member

Did you install the update on a custom rom or stock rom?
  5. shaneydroid

shaneydroid Well-Known Member

Is it actually available OTA then?
    I never got the 4.1.2 update OTA, even though the missus did.
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Cool beans. I'm on my way home to get an update for rooted users made
  7. umataro42

umataro42 Well-Known Member

After updating, the folders in the row directly above the home button no longer seem accessible. Anyone else having that problem? I'm using Nova launcher so maybe that's part of the problem?

Edit: Nevermind, when I checked Nova Launcher settings there was a new update which gives the problem.
  8. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

Yea... I'm gonna wait till the OTA or a custom ROM with 4.2 incorporated =)
  9. Rxpert83

Considering 4.2 just came out, its probably app incompatibilities

Nova's the problem I'm guessing

Also rooted users, there is no system app check in this update, so it should work just fine for us.
    CYNICALifornia likes this.
  10. CYNICALifornia

CYNICALifornia Well-Known Member

So if I turn root keeper on SuperSU I should be able to do the OTA no problem?
  11. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

I'm not interested in the update YET... I too plan to wait until it is incorporated into PA... however... would someone who has DL'd the update (I'm only on 3g ATM) please be kind enough to post the 4.2 keyboard.apk?

Ugggg... I asumed I could just pull the keyboard from the zip.... but not only is it odexed... (that part I saw coming) but its also in the form of a patch... :thumbdown: pita
  12. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

im on cm nightlies and just need to be patient. im sure cm will update to 4.2 within the next day or so... going crazy waiting for it tho. i got too much stuff on my tablet to justify flashing a stock rom and then updating to 4.2...
  13. Rxpert83

I flashed the full factory image. Having multiple accounts to select from is very cool.

Also love the (new?)quick settings. I don't remember that from the stock ROM
  14. umataro42

umataro42 Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation, I don't think it's as good as Swype beta - there's no long press option for numbers and symbols when on the main letters.
  15. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

Nope that's a new feature. But it was present on a lot of the custom roms
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  16. erosgomez

erosgomez Member

I flashed it through the stock rom its cool for the first 10 minutes while you explore everything new but if you have multiple accounts it laggs quite a bit so i wouldnt recommend it that much :)
  17. The12thDoctor

The12thDoctor Well-Known Member

Just managed to update to 4.2 via OTA. Excellent writing this using swype typing. Brilliant. First time using it. Loving it so far.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  18. Lordvincent 90

Anyone have a copy of the adb files with the sideload command?

Mine is old and dumb... (tried the ones included in the nexus tool kit... And the ones in my current sdk's platform tools) And updating the Android sdk over 3g just isn't going to happen :banghead::banghead::banghead:
  19. Elefantes

Elefantes Active Member

Hey, can anyone who has made the jump to 4.2 confirm whether or not an option to show the battery percentage appears for the notification bar/drawer now?
  20. Rxpert83

Yes, there is a battery icon with percent in the quick setting pulldown
    GeoUSA and Elefantes like this.
  21. erosgomez

erosgomez Member

What exactly do you need i may be able to help
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  22. Lordvincent 90

I assume just the adb.exe, adbwinapi.dll &adbwinusbapi.dll from the newest version of the sdk.
  23. erosgomez

erosgomez Member

can u handle 40 mb it comes with the whole sdk (newest version) and i included the adb sideload command)
    PS: i included the Keyboard apk extracted from my nexus 7 just in case yout not ready :D
    SDK.rar
    Envset.exe is if you want to use adb directly from command prompt without having to "cd" to your platform tools folder
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  24. Lordvincent 90

keyboard.apk & odex? Because that was the whole point of this exercise... To update to 4.2, extract the patched keyboard, deodex it and then restore my backup and install the updated keyboard... Well... And to check out 4.2

But at any rate... Tyvm. :)

(On a side note.... This tab has a terrible data transfer rate, from pc to tab)