1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

4.2General

1. erosgomez

erosgomez Member

So u couldnt use the apk :( sorry...
  2. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

No, i didn't say that... I'm dl'ing it now... I'm sure it will work, if not... I'll extract it myself :)

I just ran into a much more annoying problem... One i copied my backup back to the tab, it won't restore... So now i start from scratch... :( but i have been looking for an excuse to try aokp anyways :rolleyes: so that's what I'm doing... Tyvm for your help. :thumbup::beer:
  3. erosgomez

erosgomez Member

ahhaah YAY !! hope it works :)
  4. R0llTide

R0llTide Well-Known Member

Just updated ota.
  5. dunjamon

dunjamon Well-Known Member

I'll be trying mine tonight when I get home...hopefully will get it OTA.
  6. truehybridx

truehybridx Member

looks like they changed how the SDCard is done :/ Clockwork is giving me issues... the back ups i did before cant be reached by SSH or Android File Transfer.... this should be fun to fix....

Turns out the MultiUser feature messes with access to clockwork backups and stuff
    To Fix : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1991657
    bryneithin likes this.
  7. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Really? That's odd...
    Code (Text):
    Installing '/cache/094f6629314a.signed-nakasi-JOP40C-from-JZO54K.094f6629.zip'...
    Checking for MD5 file...
    Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
    mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP at /system: Device or resource busy
    Verifying current system...
    failed to stat "/system/app/Books.apk": No such file or directory
    file "/system/app/Books.apk" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
    failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
    failed to load cache file
    script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Books.apk", "cd7d58b32fb3a62217a67147cdaa468cf69adb16", "0d8c659f9228f05a774f1182f35ef1bf57eafb41")
    assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Books.apk", "cd7d58b32fb3a62217a67147cdaa468cf69adb16", "0d8c659f9228f05a774f1182f35ef1bf57eafb41")
    E:Error in /cache/094f6629314a.signed-nakasi-JOP40C-from-JZO54K.094f6629.zip
    (Status 7)
    Error flashing zip '/cache/094f6629314a.signed-nakasi-JOP40C-from-JZO54K.094f6629.zip
    Update was waiting for me this morning.
  8. wyzird

wyzird Well-Known Member

9. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the OTA push. No rush here reading about all the incompatible apps. Hopefully by the time it gets to Texas most of my main apps will be updated to 4.2. Hoping there are no issues with ssLauncher and Xscope Browser.
  10. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I haven't ran into anything that incompatible yet. I'd be surprised if there were many, its a fairly incremental update
  11. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Quite a few looking at this thread.

12. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

It may get hung up on your custom recovery, but you should be fine.

I outlined a method in your other thread that I used that'll wipe data but with titanium backup that's no problem.
  13. kevinlufc

kevinlufc Well-Known Member

Have any UK users got the update yet?
  14. dunjamon

Yep...got mine. Did the old Google Framework force close trick and it came down instantly (remember to turn off wifi then close the service and then turn wifi back on).

One thing I've noticed is the little animation glitch from the recent apps thing back to home screen. It's going to annoy me for sure.
  15. Pappy35

Pappy35 Well-Known Member

The box on the upper left side? Mine does that too plus the unlock swipe to Google Now isn't there either.
  16. Boltgnut

Boltgnut Member

Got my OTA this evening on vacation in Kona.
    I like it.
  17. dunjamon

No, I meant the third button on the toolbar at the bottom. It does now minimise your current app which is cool tho. To get to Google now you have to use the circle under the lock icon.
  18. val88

val88 Well-Known Member

A quick heads up for those getting errors and red exclamation points during OTA update. Drove me batty. Failure message related to media_profiles.xml

Remember a few months ago when there was a "fix" to this file that ultimately lets you record in 720p. Weeeell if you get this error its because of that edited file. You need to restore to the original file for the OTA update to work. Took me a while scrounging google to find the cause of this issue. So hopefully this saves someone a lot of headache.
    CYNICALifornia and Rxpert83 like this.
  19. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Did the Framework trick (didn't need to toggle wifi (never heard that one before)) and got the OTA immediately. No problems. I'm digging the pulldown controls!

The only thing which is bugging me is I used to be able to flick between home screens and that's kind of wonky at the moment. I'm using Nova launcher so it's probably their problem not Google's.
  20. dunjamon

I was doing the framework trick and it wasn't doing anything so while google-ing around I noticed someone said turn wifi off before force closing. Did that and it worked straight away. Must be hit and miss maybe.
  21. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

If your not getting the update OTA try this.. I got the update first time I tried this but for others it's taken a few attempts.

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All
    2. Find Google Services Framework.
    3. Tap on Force Stop.
    4. Select Clear Data.
    5. Head back to the Nexus 7
  22. TJGoSurf

TJGoSurf Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice you can now set up user accounts?
  23. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

That is indeed a 4.2 feature
  24. TJGoSurf

TJGoSurf Well-Known Member

I just haven't seen a mention of it. Ok, back to refreshing the Play store for a 32gb hspa+ 7.
  25. mistertonmick

mistertonmick Member

Just got mine and everything I have tried up to now is OK.