• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So u couldnt use the apk :( sorry...

No, i didn't say that... I'm dl'ing it now... I'm sure it will work, if not... I'll extract it myself :)

I just ran into a much more annoying problem... One i copied my backup back to the tab, it won't restore... So now i start from scratch... :( but i have been looking for an excuse to try aokp anyways :rolleyes: so that's what I'm doing... Tyvm for your help. :thumbup::beer:

Upvote 0
Considering 4.2 just came out, its probably app incompatibilities

Nova's the problem I'm guessing

Also rooted users, there is no system app check in this update, so it should work just fine for us.

Really? That's odd...
Code:
Installing '/cache/094f6629314a.signed-nakasi-JOP40C-from-JZO54K.094f6629.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP at /system: Device or resource busy
Verifying current system...
failed to stat "/system/app/Books.apk": No such file or directory
file "/system/app/Books.apk" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Books.apk", "cd7d58b32fb3a62217a67147cdaa468cf69adb16", "0d8c659f9228f05a774f1182f35ef1bf57eafb41")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Books.apk", "cd7d58b32fb3a62217a67147cdaa468cf69adb16", "0d8c659f9228f05a774f1182f35ef1bf57eafb41")
E:Error in /cache/094f6629314a.signed-nakasi-JOP40C-from-JZO54K.094f6629.zip
(Status 7)
Error flashing zip '/cache/094f6629314a.signed-nakasi-JOP40C-from-JZO54K.094f6629.zip
Update was waiting for me this morning.

Upvote 0
Have any UK users got the update yet?

Yep...got mine. Did the old Google Framework force close trick and it came down instantly (remember to turn off wifi then close the service and then turn wifi back on).

One thing I've noticed is the little animation glitch from the recent apps thing back to home screen. It's going to annoy me for sure.

Upvote 0
Yep...got mine. Did the old Google Framework force close trick and it came down instantly (remember to turn off wifi then close the service and then turn wifi back on).

One thing I've noticed is the little animation glitch from the recent apps thing back to home screen. It's going to annoy me for sure.

The box on the upper left side? Mine does that too plus the unlock swipe to Google Now isn't there either.

Upvote 0
A quick heads up for those getting errors and red exclamation points during OTA update. Drove me batty. Failure message related to media_profiles.xml

Remember a few months ago when there was a "fix" to this file that ultimately lets you record in 720p. Weeeell if you get this error its because of that edited file. You need to restore to the original file for the OTA update to work. Took me a while scrounging google to find the cause of this issue. So hopefully this saves someone a lot of headache.

Upvote 0
Did the Framework trick (didn't need to toggle wifi (never heard that one before)) and got the OTA immediately. No problems. I'm digging the pulldown controls!

The only thing which is bugging me is I used to be able to flick between home screens and that's kind of wonky at the moment. I'm using Nova launcher so it's probably their problem not Google's.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones