• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4/24 OTA firmware update

Damn! :( I wonder if it's going to happen to me soon? I'm almost 48 hours on mine and so far, no random reboots, boot loops, etc. I do like the "Always request desktop site" option in the browser... finally!

I spoke too soon... almost 48 hours exactly after the update, I powered on my tablet to see a boot loop screen. Powered it on, put it on the charger, and installed AutoAirplane from the Play Store. Oh well.

Upvote 0
Sleep of death?

For me, the sleep of death has been when I put the tablet away with a lot of power still left in it and the dock only to pull it out later and not have it turn on. The batteries end up getting completely drained and require each part to be charged separately before using again. The really bad part about this is that with current battery technology, a complete discharge isn't exactly the best idea from what I gather.

And with that said, I've had exactly that happen to me. Prior to this last update, I had a nice work around going and that now no longer works. These updates keep getting worse and worse.

Upvote 0
This is what the latest build is:
Screenshot_2012-04-30-17-12-18.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones