• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4/24 OTA firmware update

Found a thread on the ASUS TF forum that said he had set the wifi from DHCP to static and no more SOD or reboots

This seems to work. I've had my TF101 set to static for just over a week and I've only had one spontaneous shutdown during that time.

Good thing too, looks like there's a slight delay in the release of 9.2.1.24:

5/10/2012 Update -
The .24 release is approved and will be released in the near future.

5/14/2012 Update -
The .24 release should go to FOTA later today or early tomorrow. Please shutdown and perform a cold boot after updating.

5/15/2012 Update -
Bad news, Google has changed their CTS qualification requirements on firmware so the .24 release is delayed for a couple of days. We have asked for an exception to release earlier, especially since it already passed qualification testing.

Upvote 0
5/15/2012 Update -
Bad news, Google has changed their CTS qualification requirements on firmware so the .24 release is delayed for a couple of days. We have asked for an exception to release earlier, especially since it already passed qualification testing.

Mine updated this morning, I wonder if it's just delayed in the US?

Upvote 0
Well it's not fixed the reboot issue for me. :(

Does it reboot still only when asleep? In the past few weeks i've only seen the bootlock happen once, which before the last update was almost daily. I will have to check to see if i still get the successful reboots during the night. It was usually every 24 to 36 hours.

Upvote 0
Does it reboot still only when asleep? In the past few weeks i've only seen the bootlock happen once, which before the last update was almost daily. I will have to check to see if i still get the successful reboots during the night. It was usually every 24 to 36 hours.

I'd get reboots/bootloops whilst the screen was active so I left a couple of films running and after about 20 minutes in to the first, I rebooted and got stuck at the boot screen.

I'm wondering if I've other problems? I'll wait and see if other folk are still experiencing issues. If no, I'll try a ROM, if that fails, return to stock and see what Asus say.

I was fine on Honeycomb though.

Upvote 0
I RMA'd my transformer to Newegg on Monday. Problems for me had gotten so bad that I couldn't do anything with the tablet all weekend. I was using Wakelock and Autoairplane.

It was freezing on the first Asus screen as well as the balls of death. It would lock up during use, while not in use. The most use I got out of it in a stretch was probably 30 minutes.

It should arrive back to newegg on Wednesday, then hopefully only 3 days until they send out the replacement.

I submitted a help request to Asus regarding my problems on the 2nd of May, finally on the 14th they authorized an RMA (no response from them between those dates). I had already submitted my newegg RMA, so it went back there. Hopefully the replacement will be problem free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones