4/29 DeliveriesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Valkryn

Valkryn Active Member This Topic's Starter

So, how many of you are just waiting for your Incredible to show up now? Fedex says mine is on the truck for delivery but I have no idea when Fedex shows up in my neighborhood. Never needed to sign for anything.

Just curious how many people are sitting with the front door open or peeking out the door like me! :)

Advertisement
  2. DominoHop

DominoHop Well-Known Member

thats me! :p i got up at 7 just to wait. haha. i NEVER get up at 7 - i work nights. this phone is taking over my life. haha.

3. PowellShake2

PowellShake2 Member

I'm in the same exact boat. Mine is out on the truck for delivery but I have an exam at 11:30 so I'm thinking it should be there when I get back. I should be making sure I've got the material down for the test but all I can do is look at this forum and wait for Fedex.

Oh well.

4. Zëddicus

Zëddicus Member

I am. :D

5. Valkryn

Well, I've been at work since 6 p.m. yesterday and worked all night. Usually in bed by now but I'm still wide awake thinking I won't hear the doorbell if I fall asleep.

6. jrbaker8

jrbaker8 Active Member

well mine will be delivered, but sadly i will not even open it until mid may.

7. Valkryn

WHAT??? Please elaborate.

8. thess1

thess1 Active Member

Mines coming today :) ...too bad I have to leave for work at 1030 and wont be back until 830 tonight. Its gonna be a longggg day!

9. jrbaker8

jrbaker8 Active Member

im in afghanistan. will be going home in a couple weeks and my folks are sending the incredible to the ups store on post so i can pick it up right when i get off the plane :)

10. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

I am, its been on the truck for delivery since 0821.

11. Valkryn

Thats awesome.

12. computerpro3

computerpro3 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting; I have no food in the house but I am afraid to leave to get some in case I miss it.

I'm STARVING.

13. Valkryn

I thought last night at work would be longest night ever but it actually went by very fast. Sitting here waiting is what is going by so slow. I wish I could myself away from the computer and do something to pass the time.

14. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Mine says its at the nearest hub, but it says its on schedule. So i'll wait and see.

15. jgrotkier

jgrotkier Member

Mine came yesterday around noon, woohoo!

16. pixie06

pixie06 Active Member

DITTO! Mine is supposed to be here before 3. I have been pacing by the front door since 7. If it doesn't come soon I'm going to wear a hole in the carpet. I sure hope it doesn't take too long to charge or I won't be able to wait to play with it.

17. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

You can play with it while it charges.

18. Valkryn

You will think I'm crazy but I didn't even want to go fix something to eat because I thought I might miss the Fedex guy. I know it sounds ridiculous but I read on here that a guy has a horrible Fedex guy. He left the front door open and everything so the Fedex guy knew he was there but he didn't knock or ring the bell. Just left a note for him to pick it up at Fedex store.

Don't want that to happen to me.

19. Tony Touch

Tony Touch Well-Known Member

I had it shipped to the FedEx Kinko's next to my work (it's a "hold at" location). I called them and they said their deliveries come in early morning normally. So hopefully I should have it during my lunch break. Today is my wedding anniversary so this is the best gift ever (don't tell the wife).

20. joemg

joemg Member

Apr 29, 2010 7:45 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    Since I got up I have been either looking out the window or been sitting at my desk reading everything I can about the Incredible so that I am already when the bell rings. :)

21. Valkryn

I told the wife I would mow the yard today. How is that supposed to happen when my Inc is on it's way to it's new home!

22. pixie06

pixie06 Active Member

I could, but everything I read said to leave it off to charge it for the first time. Since battery life won't be too great I'm going to do everything I can to get the most out of it. :)

23. MikiBee

MikiBee Well-Known Member

Mine's been on the truck for delivery since 7:45. I'm trying to pass the time with reading this thread and getting as many tips as I can before it comes, but I'm still waiting for that doorbell to ring! If I remember correctly, my FedEx driver doesn't usually come around here till 2ish. bummer.. unless I get a new driver.

24. computerpro3

computerpro3 Well-Known Member

It won't have any effect at all, not even a minor one. Trust me; I've been a "battery hobbyist" for nearly a decade now. Lithium-Polymer and Lithium Ion batteries have no memory effect whatsoever; these warnings and advice that you're reading are a carryover from previous battery chemistries where it was good to be do several full drain/recharge cycles.

Lithium Ion, in fact, is actually very bad to do a full discharge and it will reduce the capacity of your battery. 4.2v is full charge for lithium ion/Lithium Polymer, and there is a protection circuit built into the battery somewhere around 2.4-2.7v. Once that threshold of discharge is reached, the battery will cut itself off to prevent even worse damage. This is why sometimes a phone will have trouble turning back on after the battery totally dies - the battery has to be recharged past the cutoff threshold before the phone will start up again. This is the point where you have "0%" battery life left on the phone. It's much better to charge your phone frequently than to do full charges and discharges - it will keep your battery in much better shape.

Other than avoiding full drains, the other thing you should do is to only use high quality chargers. Now it won't matter much if you charge the battery in your phone as the charging algorithms are software controlled in the phone itself, but I would be very wary of using ebay wall chargers for the loose or extra batteries. Lithium Ion gets damaged if charged past 4.2-4.25 volts, and becomes an explosion risk should the internal vents fail. The problem with many cheap chargers is that they continue to slowly trickle charge past 4.2v, so you'll be fine if you use a DMM to check the voltage of the batttery every ten or so minutes, but if you don't it will slowly rise to 4.21, 4.22, 4.23v. If you leave it overnight you very well may end up coming back to an overcharged battery that is not only holding reduced capacity from the damage, but is a safety risk as well. I even go so far as to have special hobby chargers with perfect algorithms to charge my loose lithium ion cells for my flashlights!

pixie06, paynomind and ItsPTK like this.
  25. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Thats your call.