dcap0187 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    mike28 likes this.
  2. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Just did mines v
  3. dcap0187

Mike28 I read on the t mobile forum that the new update put the phones status as "custom" is this true for you?
  4. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

That's not true at least for me it shows official I guess because I was completely stock when I got it who knows
  5. dcap0187

Now that you've updated has much changed? Is it worth it or would you rather have the ability to go back?
  6. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

The problem is that when you root 4.3 the phone goes custom and until now THERE IS NO WAY TO GET IT BACK TO STOCK OFFICIAL because of Knox locked bootloader. Warranty voided. Other thing happening is that you can not go back to 4.2.2
    mike28 likes this.
  7. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Yeah like Danny says knox gets in the way, but those guys over on xda are working hard on solutions the bootloader is not locked so that's a plus I'm sure we will have a work around on this honestly I like the update touchwiz feels very solid and smooth plus the graphics stand out more
    dcap0187 and danyvw like this.
  8. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update mike
    mike28 likes this.
  9. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

No problem bro glad to help
    danyvw likes this.
  10. cocokasper

cocokasper Well-Known Member

11. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Yes I was on 4.2 stock took the ota a few weeks back, to answer your question no you can't ota if you are on a custom rom, you will need to install a knox free 4.3 rom I just did it cause I'm playing it safe I'm not rooted just because I don't want to Tripp knox and void my warranty and I will be getting the s5 but in your case just install a 4.3 rom or unless you want to do like me than Odin back to stock reset the counter and do the ota keeping in mind knox
    cocokasper likes this.