• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.3 notification madness

bander68

Aug 22, 2012
USA T-Mobile, got upgrade on my non-rooted S3 Saturday 11/23/13. Since the upgrade, I'm being slammed by notifications for old pictures and pdf files I downloaded last year. I cleared the notification bar multiple times, rebooted the phone, even deleted the files from my phone...but the notifications (about 30 of them) keep coming back at random intervals. Typically, it's about every 10 minutes. HELP!

Did you clear them from the Download app list?
App drawer / Downloads / Other Downloads (tab) / Clear list (button)

I have the same problem since updating to 4.3; and this may sound silly, but I can't find the proper buttons. I go to the app drawer and find three tabs at the top [Apps, Widgets, and downloads]. Pressing downloads, I then receive all of the icons for the downloaded apps. But, there's no 'other downloads' tab that I can find, nor is there any indication of a 'clear list' on the dropdown button.

Can you help me?

Thanks,
Dean Park
St. Louis, MO

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones