• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.3 problem

I've tried everything I can think of bar a factory reset , but if you have the same problem, maybe its a bug of the 4.3 update and we may have to wait for a fix, I dont use multi window really but its the fact it doesnt work that annoys.....not very impressed with the new Gallery either, it takes an age to scroll down to the bottom of my photos, you cant seem to pinch in or out to make each file smaller to scroll quicker...:mad:

Upvote 0
A few people saying the update may have been pulled by Samsung. For them the update from 4.1.2 to 4.3 was available OTA this morning, but now saying latest updates have been installed. I am going to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1.2 due to my issues with 4.3 (slow and freezing lock screen, severe battery drain, intermittent wifi problems, alarm problems). Before anyone asks, yes, I did perform a factory reset and also a hard reset (vol up + home + pwr) and this did not resolve the issues. I will confirm if the update has been pulled after I downgrade. If it doesn't offer me the update OTA again, then it's clear it's been pulled!

Upvote 0
Okay, just downgraded to 4.1.2 on my GS3 (GT-I9300 BTU) and now the 4.3 update that was being offered OTA this morning is no longer available OTA or through KIES. So it's clear that, at least for my version of the GS3, the update has been pulled by Samsung. Looks like many may be waiting a little longer for this eagerly anticipated update!

Upvote 0
just checked for an update and it was available,started DLing it and came on here for a look and saw the comments above so i cancelled it.........
ive done a little search and there s alot of people from vodafone complaining but i cant find much about the unlocked/unbranded update........
should i download it or not....??

Upvote 0
just checked for an update and it was available,started DLing it and came on here for a look and saw the comments above so i cancelled it.........
ive done a little search and there s alot of people from vodafone complaining but i cant find much about the unlocked/unbranded update........
should i download it or not....??

Dont do it..!!!!! HANG ON FOR NOW, SEE HOW THINGS GO.

Upvote 0
Hi All,
I unfortunately updated my unlocked UK GS3 yesterday and the issues with 4.3 are doing my head in.
Can someone please point me in the direction of a guide to get my phone back to 4.1.2 with details of where to obtain the firmware from.
Hopefully Samsung will soon get this issue sorted but I can't put up with my phone like it is while I wait!

Thanks

Upvote 0
went and did it.................
VERY impressed so far.alot smoother an faster.getting used to the menu but all seems good.
the gallery is much better and still has the function to pinch smaller for faster scrolling.a nicer layout aswell imo.
voice command for apps works aswell,it was hit and miss before.even google now seems to know what im saying.
cameras good
i had to put the screen mode to standard to use widgets on the lock screen,in easy mode it was all greyed out.
i use next launcher aswell and that is alot smoother.
multi window works fine aswell although it is greyed out if you have the home screen on easy mode.
im liking the daydream function aswell.
ive been hammering the phone aswell and the battery is holding up well.
ALL GOOD
my only complaint is the dialler pad widget has gone
oh,i didnt do a factory reset or anything,just a straight DL,took about 25 mins

Upvote 0
I am going to wait a few months before installing it to be sure everything is stable. I sold my previous phone (samsung galaxy s advance aka s2 lite) because the update to jelly bean made it freeze several times every day. I did factory reset. I don't want the same thing to happen with my s3.

Upvote 0
Non-Branded S3, UK.

Updated yesterday OTA and the issues have been numerous:

1. Waking the phone up is so slow that I've nearly pulled the battery numerous times, only to have the screen come on when I'm just about to pull the battery.
2. Lag is all over the place, opening Dolphin Browser, messages... you name it, the whole phone is slow.
3. Music via PowerAMP when the screen is off is so stuttery. It's even worse than when I had my Xperia X10, which is saying something! Was in the gym this morning and the music kept stuttering and then seemingly just cutting out. I'd have to finish my set, press the power button, wait for 10 seconds while the phone woke up, and then the music would start again.

EDIT:

4. Battery drain is also an issue

This is absolutely f***ing atrocious. I'm going to contact Samsung, 'cause I can't put up with this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones