4.3 Update or Skip to Key Lime Pie?General

Last Updated:

1. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Just wondering what you think will happen. Do you think we will get 4.3 before we get Key Lime Pie or do you think we will skip 4.3 entirely and jump directly to Key Lime Pie?

Also, when do you predict that we will see either update?

2. Jersey Tom

Jersey Tom Well-Known Member

I would guess 4.3 given 5.0 hasn't even been officially announced yet, and then there will be the lag until it's pushed out.

Has there ever been a case like that of skipping an update?
  3. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

My original hero went from 1.5 straight to 2.1... But that was a different time for Android. I like to believe the maxx will be updated quickly and as often as there is a new version. Googlerola should make that happen... Fingers crossed!
  4. Optimus Prune

Optimus Prune Well-Known Member

Lots of handsets are skipping 4.2.2 since it's regarded as a minor update. I agree a jump to 5.0 is unlikely. The biggest recent jump that showed up in a quick Google search is the Canadian HTC One jumping over 4.2 entirely to 4.3 from 4.1.2.
  5. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

I'd love the jump, but for me, having 4.3 sooner is more important than waiting for 5.0. I really want that TRIM support 4.3 offers, before I start to kludge up the memory and slow down the works. If fact, if I had had a stable 4.3 on my Gnex, I probably wouldn't have jumped ship so quickly (but glad I did!).