• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4.3 update suspended

dizzle16

Android Enthusiast
May 5, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
A headline that'll ruin your day
a6ugamyz.jpg

its actually a good headline if it means more people dont blindly install that abomination of the android OS that samsung farted out to their customers.
A company that can spend so much on marketing cant afford better devs than the amateur hobby-devs who have been giving us perfect 4.3 for months now!

i TOTALLY agree with that comment. I dont want a buggy ota update but the 2nd paragraph of your comment speaks to my reason for posting that pic, i am astonished a 40-50+ billion, BILLION $ company who can push out a galaxy s4, a smart watch and a note 3 all in like 6 mos of eachother but cant get a OTA right for a phone they were boasting and bragging about 12 months ago. how would that inspire me to buy a s4? a year from now they wont give a shit about the s4.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Exactly mate. This was my first samsung (other than a Galaxy Europa [bad] that i had to use for a month) and im pretty sure itl be my last. I have zero loyalty to them. I dont even use samsung firmware anymore lol. Im going between an amazing 4.3.1 rom and a nearly (getting there) perfect kitkat rom.
I dont respect samsung one bit. Theres a few things theyve done to cause that but #1 for me is probably the infamous Sudden Death Syndrome (SDS) bug in the international s3 that it took them long enough to admit.
I really love the s3. with a good custom rom on it and totally disconnected from the whole samsung thing, its still a beast of a phone and judging by these pathetic updates its lucky the s3 is SO easily hackable :) the s4 isnt so lucky :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones