• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] 4.3 update verizon

Nick33

Aug 28, 2013
Hey guys. Im aware that verizon is supposed to roll out the 4.3 update for the s4 this month... Thing is, im rooted and on the me7 firmware. I don't want to lose root or more importantly brick my phone(if that's even possible receiving this update while rooted).
I guess my question is- how should i go about keeping root with this device?
Actually, can i avoid this update altogether? 4.3 doesn't look all that great to me anyway...
Thank you my friends

Reactions: wtherrell
Hey guys. Im aware that verizon is supposed to roll out the 4.3 update for the s4 this month... Thing is, im rooted and on the me7 firmware. I don't want to lose root or more importantly brick my phone(if that's even possible receiving this update while rooted).
I guess my question is- how should i go about keeping root with this device?
Actually, can i avoid this update altogether? 4.3 doesn't look all that great to me anyway...
Thank you my friends

I would avoid the update. I plan to wait for the 4.3 features to be included in the custom roms that I might use.

Upvote 0
See

Attachments

• 1387931846465.jpg
    1387931846465.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones