4.3 update?

1. dcap0187

dcap0187 Well-Known Member

so we now know verizon has the 4.3 update and now sprint, next att and finally t mobile. so the question is what are the odds of the metro s4 getting the 4.3 update. will we be forced into flashing the t mobile version? kies doesn't have firmware support for the metro s4. are we holding the bastard s4?

Advertisement
  2. jtw1216

jtw1216 Well-Known Member

I would think that would be the only way to get the update. I'm just waiting for some of the devs to get hold of it.
  3. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

my feeling is that we will get 4.3 eventually. Idk when though.

Innitially yes

Most likely, yes...yes we are.
  4. dcap0187

dcap0187 Well-Known Member

Not many people are complaining on Facebook like with the s3. I remember when the s3 was waiting for the jelly bean update facebook was flooded with metro hate. Lol every other message was about the update........ I think its time to start with the s4.
  5. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

6. jtw1216

Lol nope sorry. The dev said he was closing the thread. No dl available. :-(
  7. jtw1216

Been reading about fc's & freezes on 4.3. Think I'll stay with what we have now,
  8. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Hopefully you guys that have the metro s4 can get the update that's schedule for the 18th of this month
  9. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

I have a feeling that we'll be flashing a Tmobile 4.3 TW rom well before we see an OTA update for us. Im going back to stock for a couple of weeks, keeping my fingers crossed and my eye on the 18th.
    mike28 likes this.
  10. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

I hear you I'm assuming you guys will get it with tmobile but that's just my opinion
  11. nuked

nuked Well-Known Member

A lot of people seem to be exited about 4.3 OTA on all flavors of our S4's but I thought that meant saying sayōnara to rooting and roms because of Knox and the 0x00 flag. I for one froze all the FOTA crap so I don't get 4.3, am I misinformed or something? Why do people still want 4.3?
    Flaspeneer likes this.
  12. jtw1216

I deleted all my update stuff also. I'll stay with what we currently have. The only good thing I can see about 4.3 is that we would be able to use thr samsung gear, like that coo lil watch. But I'm happy with what we have until I hear better reports about the upgrade
    Flaspeneer likes this.
  13. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

The new note has 4.3 so they've been learning how to get around all the traps. Its exciting to get an update...especially when its a big jump in version.

You can always flash back to 4.2.
  14. nuked

nuked Well-Known Member

I am always up for a new version! Until about 3 weeks ago, I had my Esteem and was stuck at 2.3.sigh with no chance of a cooler new OS. Just worried about Knox bootloaders and 0x00 flags and such...I do hope we can get 4.3, just hope it won't be locked down.
  15. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member

you wont be able to use odin to flash back to 4.2 if you do the 4.3 update, samsung has started blocking downgrading via odin. so unless you guys make a odin tar per newer firmware if you mess something up you wont be able to odin back to safety. :/
    Flaspeneer, nuked, dcap0187 and 2 others like this.
  16. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

i stand corrected.
    :(
  17. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Shabby. Im standing still in 4.2 for now.
  18. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member

the new 4.3 bootloaders lock things down a bit, you can still root so no worries there just it blows a qfuse and anyone who looks in download mode will know you rooted. there will be no triangle away to cove rit up or anything.

once you flash that bootloader another qfuse is blown in that you cant downgrade, you can flash 4.3 odin tar all day long but cant go to 4.2 bootloaders. you can however stay on 4.2 and flash a rom from 4.3.someone who updates, doesnt care for warranty etc can just do teh ota and root and then dump all the files needed for everyone else to update :).

just wanted to clear some things up before ota hits and some people find themselves in a pickle.
    nuked, Rooqy, danyvw and 1 other person like this.
  19. nuked

nuked Well-Known Member

exactly why I froze all the FOTA apks. Thanks for the clarification! :)
  20. glo1234567

glo1234567 Active Member

will metro pcs s4 get the 4.3 update the same time as tmobile s4???
  21. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

There's no way to actually know, but I'm guessing not.
    ARocker likes this.
  22. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Exactly...

Metro hasn't mentioned a release date yet and Tmobile hasn't mentioned whether their date is for our phone too. So its all speculation at this point. Either way, we will have the Tmobile version of 4.3 to flash and play with not long after the 18th i'm guessing. Their devs are good about that. In fact, if you go to the Tmobile S4 sub-forum in xda, you'll see that there is already a leaked version of Touchwiz 4.3 available.
    mike28 likes this.
  23. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Now if only someone could figure a way around the locked bootloader in the AT&T Note 3. And make me king of the universe, while I'm wishing for the impossible.
  24. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

mike28 likes this.
  25. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

That's for the S4. The Note 3, just the AT&T version (the N700A) has a locked bootloader, so no CWM, no fancy new ROMS ... nothing until those with more Android knowledge than I have figure something out. At least they got us root, which makes the phone more usable.