• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.4.2 battery crash

bonerp

Android Expert
Apr 12, 2010
UK
Interesting....after just 8 hours my battery has only 15% remainining....

Its been fine for 4 days and can't see any reason for it to plummet so quickly.

I've heard about the camera issue....but it doesnt show as usage. Anyone know whether this is the battery issue...ie not showing usage but killing the battery?

If there's no usage shown and the battery is going quickly, it's probably a bad battery - but it would have to be put on a bench and run with meters attached for a few hours to determine that.

Check your data and wifi signals in your battery settings (press the graph at the top, then look at the bottom of the next screen). A phone constantly hunting for a signal uses a lot of battery.

Upvote 0
Yep, there is a major bug with KitKat that is killing battery life on Note 3, Nexus, HTC and other phones thats going around.

Welcome to the KitKat buggy OS club

k8ZPLY4.png

Reactions: bonerp
Upvote 0
this is utterly ridiculous. After installinging 4.4.2 I would have been at 75% at this time of day at least. just under a week on and its going downhill rapidly...

I am now at 57% and have everything turned down today. Nothing is showing as a drain except of the screen shot above Kernel (Android OS).

I hope this is fixed swiftly or I'll be going back to the previous version!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones