1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

4.4.2 battery crashSupport

1. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Interesting....after just 8 hours my battery has only 15% remainining....

Its been fine for 4 days and can't see any reason for it to plummet so quickly.

I've heard about the camera issue....but it doesnt show as usage. Anyone know whether this is the battery issue...ie not showing usage but killing the battery?

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

If there's no usage shown and the battery is going quickly, it's probably a bad battery - but it would have to be put on a bench and run with meters attached for a few hours to determine that.

Check your data and wifi signals in your battery settings (press the graph at the top, then look at the bottom of the next screen). A phone constantly hunting for a signal uses a lot of battery.
  3. HothTron

HothTron Member

Yep, there is a major bug with KitKat that is killing battery life on Note 3, Nexus, HTC and other phones thats going around.

Welcome to the KitKat buggy OS club

[​IMG]
    bonerp likes this.
  4. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Nowt wrong with the battery. Something triggered a drain...

interesting app - GSam battery monitor....I'll monitor this.

My standard battery monitor is saying task manager is 23% and is consistently higher than others - 4.3 I dont even remember seeing this on the list!
  5. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

this is utterly ridiculous. After installinging 4.4.2 I would have been at 75% at this time of day at least. just under a week on and its going downhill rapidly...

I am now at 57% and have everything turned down today. Nothing is showing as a drain except of the screen shot above Kernel (Android OS).

I hope this is fixed swiftly or I'll be going back to the previous version!
  6. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

I only had one day like this and the main culprit seemed to be Android OS, it used around 5 times more battery than usual, but it's only happened once.
  7. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

funny you should say this....im on 92% today after 4 hours! Slightly random....:confused: