• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.4.2 bug fix caused bugs, best way to reslove ??

scotty001

Nov 20, 2010
UK
Hi i need a little help and advice

The Current version on my phone (by dailing*#1234#) is

AP I9505XXUFNB9

CP: I9505XXUFNB9

CSC: I9505BTUFNE1
Phone from Carphone warehouse

Since the Last "Bug Fix" 4.4.2 my phone now has "Bugs"
Every other call that's either made ore received there is no sound , i cant hear the other person and they cant hear me, I need to disconnect the call and call them back.
but then the next call i go to make or receive its the same issue, i need to disconnect and call them back, (unless i dont know who the caller was)

When the screen is about to go into sleep mode it flickers very very badly (if i were epileptic i wouldn't be here typing this.)

There are a few widgets that will freeze up (Battery monitor widgit, Watchdog 3g, S heath)
and i need to reboot the phone to get them showing the correct data again. (no automatic app killers installed)

[FONT=&quot]I think the best thing to do is to do a fresh install ??,

Im not sure if its best just to do a factory reset and hop that solves the issue or a full on reboot re installing the firmware ??

Ive gone to kies but it shows there is no firmware backup (presumbly because ive always done OTA updates). Ive gone to sam mobile and im currently downloading the the Firmware[/FONT]
Model: GT-I9505
Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 481100
Build date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 03:15:30 +0000
Product Code: BTU
PDA: I9505XXUFNB9
MODEM: I9505XXUFNB9

Current version on my phone (by dailing*#1234#) is

AP I9505XXUFNB9

CP: I9505XXUFNB9

My phone does have knox on it, Is this going to cause an issue if i do a full on install via odin ??

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones