• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4.4.4 Factory Image released, OTA is live

Worrying. The 4.4.3 OTA was so smooth compared with the horrors of some earlier OTAs that I thought it was too good to be true.

I hope whatever they forgot to fix in 4.4.3 doesn't break the well-behaved OTA for 4.4.4.

It's only security fixes, though the Nexus 5 got a new radio with it. Not sure admit the Nexus 4.

Upvote 0
I hope it fixes an annoying fault since the last OTA; I never have had to routinely reboot until this last week, when I keep getting network problems (on both wi-fi and 3G) that are only fixed by a reboot.

They all seem to involve SSL, the most recent being this morning when Google Play failed with a stark "No connection" error screen. I knew it wasn't Google at fault (my Nexus 7 could still connect) so I tried other sites - and with the bizarre exception of Gmail (using the app) no other https site would connect either. Non-secure sites and other network traffic were fine. A reboot fixed it. Again.

Of course my N4 may have developed a fault and the OTA timing was just coincidence, but the rush to get this follow-up fix for some unknown security issue suggests otherwise. I certainly hope so anyway.

Upvote 0
I didn't notice any issues connecting to the play store or any other secure sites for the couple of weeks I had 4.4.3. It might have just been a regional outage?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-24-09-19-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-24-09-19-52.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0
Just in case anyone else was wondering, the bluetooth issue is still not fixed. For me to hold a call on my hands-free system in my car, I have to disable the 5GHz band or turn off WiFi altogether. C'mon Google, take a couple guys off the goofy wearables team and fix something that's been affecting real live users for 6 months. :mad: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones