1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

4.5.605 - What did it fix besides keyboard?

1. nelcatjar

nelcatjar Member

What did 4.5.605 fix? Please don't just tell me a keyboard fix. All the post say it was a keyboard fix. That's all anyone says and what Google searches return.

After it installed, the screen and menu is slightly different (in a good way), so it was not just a keyboard fix.

Is there a web site that officially list all the specific fixes/changes in 4.5.605 ?

Advertisement
  2. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Has the official change log for the update: Reminder: Yep, the DROIDX Keyboard Update 4.5.605 is Still Rolling Out - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
  3. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

OP the reason everyone keeps telling you that it's just a Keyboard fix is because that is all of the info anyone has on it lol.
  4. nelcatjar

nelcatjar Member

I can't find an official change log. I work in software and it's SOP to publish a change log with a software update. You usually want to know what you are installing before you install it.

I'm surpised no one else is saying anything about the other updates besides keyboard. Because, this is not just a keyboard update. The home screen changed, the status bar changed, the bottom menu changed.... although, I kind of like it. I just want to know what the specific updates were.
  5. trophynuts

whoa whoa.....OP what version was you on before you took the "keyboard fix update" ?

it sounds like you may have been on Froyo.

i took the .605 update and it did not change any of that.

the standard update change log that we get is the one in the link above.
  6. Wally World

Wally World Well-Known Member

Just a keyboard change. If you were not on Gingerbread, then yeah, more changed, but not from the .602>605 update.
  7. trophynuts

exactly ^^^^
  8. jerry42570

jerry42570 Well-Known Member

9. trophynuts

i haven't seen a lot of .605 roms yet. I did see that Fab/Bigxie tweeted earlier that he was going to be porting Apex to .605 this weekend.
    jerry42570 likes this.
  10. jerry42570

That wasn't me asking about roms, but a link to another thread. Good to know though. I just might flash 605 if Fabolous ports Apex. Really wish there were a more complete changelog for it though. Obviously not just a keyboard fix.
  11. Wally World

Wally World Well-Known Member

Actually it is. 11mb for. 602 to. 605.
  12. trophynuts

which is a pretty small update.
  13. jerry42570

So the kernel, whatever that is, has not changed?
  14. cascms

cascms Member

Quick Question. Still on Froyo and rooted. If I install the update will I loose root.
  15. dopedig

dopedig Member

i'm curious about this as well.. i am on froyo, rooted, running apex 1.4.1 and the .605 update downloaded automatically this morning. every hour i get a popup asking to install update.
  16. cascms

cascms Member

To get rid of the popup message I used TB to freeze the Updater 2.2.1. Haven't had any pop ups since. Read about this "fix" on another thread. Hope it helps.
    dopedig likes this.
  17. trophynuts

yes you will lose root and possibly boot loop if your rooted running a custom rom and you try and install the update.
  18. cascms

cascms Member

Stock froyo just rooted. Have bloatware frozen. I understand will need to unfreeze before taking update. Should I be able to reroot with z4 as before or will I loose this with the update. With being rooted and stock froyo is there also the possibility of boot loop. Thank you for any help you can give.
  19. cascms

cascms Member

Stock froyo just rooted. Have bloatware frozen. I understand will need to unfreeze before taking update. Should I be able to reroot with z4 as before or will I loose this with the update. With being rooted and stock froyo is there also the possibility of boot loop. Thank you for any help you can give.
  20. dopedig

dopedig Member

thanks dude
  21. cascms

cascms Member

22. trophynuts

i would suggest unfreeze all bloat. Take the update then use this rooting method. Z4 doesn't work on GB.

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ad-602-sbf-root-process-updated-9-9-11-a.html

specifically this part

Rooting Your GingerBread System .602 (Will Root .605 as well)
    -Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - [Download Drivers]
    -Download and unzip
  23. cascms

cascms Member

24. trophynuts

personally i don't know why anyone is still on Froyo. Don't get me wrong no OS is perfect and never will be. But GB is night and day difference from Froyo. If you don't like it just flash back to Froyo.
  25. foo

foo Well-Known Member

nice. wasn't sure if Psouza4's 1 Click Root still worke don 605 too. thx (been getting that annoying update popup past day or two)