• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4 days with my Evo and Sprint

Gerbacio_PR

Mar 18, 2010
Rock Hill SC
so far i Love it ...Sprint has been awesome

Customer Service/Sprint and everything, i called to tell them i had no signal inside my home and they are sending me something to connect to my wifi for free, i had a short sting with Verizon (droid was having problems with my Wi-Fi and i had no signal on the house) they wanted me to buy same thing for like 100+$ , i cancelled within 30 days ....iphone user with att AWESOME in my house and at work , if i decide to travel is HORRIBLE no signal on my vacation on Charleston SC and my brother drove to Boston and told me Att is only good in our area ...

So i changed and picked sprint, 5 Days later i must say im incredibly happy.

Evo: So far coming from ATT and a iphone i must say i LOVE the Evo such a nice change of pace, Droid OS and HTC make me feel free and its such a pretty ,customizable OS, WOW!

im only gonna post the CON's everything else is a pro!! the phone is sick what a beauty:D

Cons:
i cant play Gif's ??? is there any browser that can??:(

if im holding the phone it drops bars!!!! Im sure a cover will take care of that and i do know it happens with alot of phones:eek:

Battery life is HORRIBLE, is there anyway around this??? like a more powerfull battery?:mad:

Has anyone else had experience with getting a microcell for free? My mom's house is in a very abismal coverge area and she may benefit from this. We made the switch from US Cellular for my convienence and I think she's willing to just tough it out as opposed to go through the trouble to go back.

Upvote 0
I've lost a bar when holding the phone. For all the grief Apple's been getting, one thing overlooked is that this really does happen to every phone (just not as bad as the iPhone4). It doesn't happen (for me at least) when I have the case on. I usually don't like cases on my phones, but I do like it for the Evo, since I get a little paranoid with the protruding lens. A case provides just enough added width that the camera doesn't lay on its lens when flat on its back.

Upvote 0
I've lost a bar when holding the phone. For all the grief Apple's been getting, one thing overlooked is that this really does happen to every phone (just not as bad as the iPhone4). It doesn't happen (for me at least) when I have the case on. I usually don't like cases on my phones, but I do like it for the Evo, since I get a little paranoid with the protruding lens. A case provides just enough added width that the camera doesn't lay on its lens when flat on its back.

what case did you got and from where?

whats a good place to get a good case from?

Upvote 0
what case did you got and from where?

whats a good place to get a good case from?
I just got my case from Best Buy, because I had a gift card from a pre-order I didn't use. I actually don't have it on now, since I'm having a charger connection problem, and until my replacement comes in, the phone charges better without it (loose connection in the microUSB, not the case's fault).

Its one of those hard leather/plastic snap on cases. Its pretty good, doesn't make the phone feel too much bigger. Also, if you have slight light leakage, it kind of covers that up.

I'm sure you can find cases cheaper elsewhere though. When I got my, Best Buy didn't have those rubbery cases, I'm sure they do now though, if that's what you prefer.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else had experience with getting a microcell for free? My mom's house is in a very abismal coverge area and she may benefit from this. We made the switch from US Cellular for my convienence and I think she's willing to just tough it out as opposed to go through the trouble to go back.

I was able to get Sprint customer service to send me an Airave for free along with the monthly service being free also. I've gone from 1 bar if I'm lucky to 3 or sometimes 4 bars with it. Call and ask them, they may send it to you for nothing. I'm a 10 yr customer with 5 lines... so that probably help me in getting it for free. Good luck!!

Upvote 0
I was able to get Sprint customer service to send me an Airave for free along with the monthly service being free also. I've gone from 1 bar if I'm lucky to 3 or sometimes 4 bars with it. Call and ask them, they may send it to you for nothing. I'm a 10 yr customer with 5 lines... so that probably help me in getting it for free. Good luck!!

wait there is a monthly fee for the airwave??? please explain

Upvote 0
ohh no son hell naw!!!!just googled it!!!

im gonna call today, i have two Evo's

Multi-Line (multiple phones sharing minutes on one account) Unlimited Calling Plan (optional) - $20/mo. per account**

there is no way im paying 20$ to have cell phone signal in my home they are smoking crack

im on my 5th day with sprint and everything seemed too good to be true ...if there is a fee for that im out in a hurry!!

Upvote 0
gerbacio u need to calm down man... they will usually waive the 5.00 monthly fee.

yeah if its even 5$ and then dont waive it i can deal with that...20$ FUUUUUUUUUUUU

did i sound histerical...its problaby cause of the awesome experience ive had over he past years with ATT i do apologize

the only thing that really has me worried is the life baterry ...i dl all the updates and its still beyond horrible. I think my phone may have something wrong with it, cause it cant be this bad.

i can deal with gif's not moving or flash taking 6 months to come ...i love the Evo is a SOLID piece of hardware but if the phone is out of battery in 6 hours :S

Upvote 0
yeah if its even 5$ and then dont waive it i can deal with that...20$ FUUUUUUUUUUUU

did i sound histerical...its problaby cause of the awesome experience ive had over he past years with ATT i do apologize

the only thing that really has me worried is the life baterry ...i dl all the updates and its still beyond horrible. I think my phone may have something wrong with it, cause it cant be this bad.

i can deal with gif's not moving or flash taking 6 months to come ...i love the Evo is a SOLID piece of hardware but if the phone is out of battery in 6 hours :S

I thought battery life was really bad the first few days that I had it, but then again I never quit surfing the web or downloading something, so that was heavy use. Anyway, for whatever reason, my battery life has improved over time, and now if I surf/download alot, I get 8 to 10 hours of battery, and if I use it moderately I get 15 to 20 hours battery. I have downloaded the upgrade for battery life, so maybe that helped too.

Upvote 0
I thought battery life was really bad the first few days that I had it, but then again I never quit surfing the web or downloading something, so that was heavy use. Anyway, for whatever reason, my battery life has improved over time, and now if I surf/download alot, I get 8 to 10 hours of battery, and if I use it moderately I get 15 to 20 hours battery. I have downloaded the upgrade for battery life, so maybe that helped too.

whats the upgrades name?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones