4 emails later, my incredible is in the mailGeneral

Last Updated:

1. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I emailed verizon, stating my displeasure for my bb storm 1.

And my new every 2 was up in 3 months.

The first two emails told me to contact blackberry and see if they could 'fix' my storm.

an email later and i have been told that i qualify for the incredible now, and that i should be able to pre order it asap.

Whoot.

Advertisement
  2. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Wait, it's in the mail or you pre-ordered it? For most of us who pre-ordered, we're waiting to have it shipped next week. Did they actually ship it out or are you just in line to get one like the rest of us?

3. slumpey

slumpey Well-Known Member

greenrolaids, just sent you a PM can you please assist.

4. guyheavensent

guyheavensent Well-Known Member

i would change thread titles, people would be thinking you emailed them and they are sending you one right now...which is not the case. i wonder how many idiots are gonna try to email verizon 500 times to see if they can get one shipped earlier than the 29th release date hahaha

5. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

I'm on my 2nd email and almost 10th call reguarding this. They keep telling me over the phone I'm eligible then nothing changes. Over email they told me I'm not eligible till 5/20. I finaly wrote them again "if that dates correct, what's 20 days to you!? 20 days to me is hell with a BB Storm 1".
    Also told them they've had my hopes up for too long and now that its available for preorder, they're telling me no? Brought up theirs no fix for my current phones.
    I just grew tired of trying to BS them. I've spent atleast 20 days time doin battery pulls. Give me back my 20 days! :'(

6. kingsfan

kingsfan Member

I did the same thing. I'm not technically eligible for my New Every Two discount until next year! When I called, I got a lot of the standard responses and really didn't get anywhere. But I then EMAILED Verizon, and very articulately pointed out my disgust with the Blackberry Storm, and how I'm sick & tired of doing battery pulls every 30 minutes (blah...blah...blah...). They responded and told me that they would change my New Every Two status so that I could purchase a new phone immediately. (This was 3 months ago when rumors of the HTC Incredible were really starting to hit the web). So...I held out and ordered my Incredible on Monday with my early NE2 discount. Verizon is USUALLY very good about things like this (in direct contrast to AT&T). And...if you talk to someone and get an answer you don't like...call again or email until you find someone who gives you an answer you do like. Almost always works for me!

7. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

It's clearly not "in the mail". It's gotta be an excited way of saying "i'm getting it soon". I'd be happy too if it meant no longer using the biggest piece of crap electronics in history...I was a long time blackberry user with multiple devices, I'd rather have no phone than the Storm!

8. talisxero

talisxero Member

Yeah I would have to believe that it's just preordered for him. I have an older Alltel Touch Pro and lately the screen has a loose connection, basically if I apply any pressure to it it loses the display. It's really annoying, and is caused by a few too many drops. Anyhow, long story short, I emailed verizon hoping I could possibly get my preorder shipped early... The contrary actually arose, the Gentleman from verizon actually told me that my phone won't "ship" until the 29th, WTH?!? I sure hope he was just wrong, as it clearly states online that it would ship the 28th for 29th delivery.

9. Clocks

Clocks Well-Known Member

I just did this as well, and they moved up my early upgrade (the 12 month early upgrade, not the NE2 one) from july to today. So now I can get the incredible for the $199 price. Goodbye storm! :)

10. kingsfan

kingsfan Member

Glad this worked out for you! Congrats...and I agree...GOODBYE STORM!!! (And the only difference between the annual upgrade, which you got, and the NE2 upgrade is $30. I got mine on the NE2 for $169 + tax. So your $199 is WELL WORTH IT!)

XxICEMAN720xX likes this.
  11. XxICEMAN720xX

XxICEMAN720xX Well-Known Member

GRATS! Welcome to the Incredible community!