4 replacements...when will it end?Support

Last Updated:

1. Incredible_Nat

Incredible_Nat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I could really use some advice now....I am on my 4th replacement (for blown speaker..one had a greenish screen though)....

I know if I call VZW they'll send me yet another "Certified" one...

That means another potentially damaged phone, FedExing the old device, setting up the new replacement, etc....wasted time yet again.

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Test it thoroughly before setting it all up ;)

3. Incredible_Nat

Thanks for the input....

yep, I do...what I mean is the initial activation, etc. is required to test the speakers and all.....then when I realized the new one was 10 times worse, I tried going to the older one - NO GO, VZW won't activate that one - so I am stuck with the replacement.

I've been with Verizon basically since they were learning 'how to crawl' ... never missed a payment, so the treatment I recently got from the local store just miffs me big time. I am really tempted to write to corporate.

or....

Dad of a friend of ours flies Verizon's CEO (personal pilot)....so I might give him a call:)

4. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

One, you don't need them to activate a phone for you. Dial *228 and follow the instructions. During my phone repair (f Verizon, i went to HTC) i was swapping back and forth between my Omnia.

See if you can make an agreement with them. Record it, video it, get it in writing. Tell them all the trouble you have been having and agree to get a new one. If it is anything less than what they guarantee you want to receive a free upgrade of YOUR choosing.

Also, don't go to the same store. Some stores have denied me some stuff while others gave it to me.

Good luck!!

P.S. My sisters friend is a higher up in VZW. She helps me all the time. "If ya got the strings, pull 'em"

Incredible_Nat likes this.
  5. Incredible_Nat

thanks...cheered me up a bit:)

I did dial *228 by the way...then I went back to the previous phone and dialed the same.....activated, but did not get the 3G service(!) Spent half the day without being connected to my husband+kids.....

I know what you mean about different stores....I'll do just that when I get free time.

Thanks again.

6. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

I'm on my phone so I can't find it but that same number is used to update 3G. Search the threads, its around here somewhere. Also, dial it only on the phone you are trying to useuse

7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

you don't have to activate the phone to use it, you can skip it and mess around with it just on wi-fi

Incredible_Nat likes this.
  8. Incredible_Nat

Grrrrrrrrrr ... VZW is sending me a "Cert. Replacement' again :mad:

It better be the last one...

EDIT: a couple of days in with replacement#4... all is good so far....still can't believe I had to spend so much time and nerves with VZW cust. support. Not a pleasant experience.