400.000 Already Gone... WoW

Last Updated:

1. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

Stink T&T have already sold all of there IPhone-4s and stopped taking pre orders today. It must be a slow news day because its all over the radio today. Seems like they got ANOTHER hot seller on there hands.

Advertisement
  2. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

Im a little skeptical of those numbers....for one, with all the issues AT&T has been having, wouldnt it be logical to "exaggarate" #'s like that, to keep a good game face??

Dont get me wrong, its the new iPhone, which the name alone will sell big...seems to me AT&T announcing this is for damage control.

but I wonder how many of those 400,000 are all pre-existing subscribers? Those that might have chose not to ETF and will stick with Apple no matter what?

3. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Exactly!

No way in hell I would sign up as a new customer with At&t and their 2gb/mo data limit when there are still carriers out there giving us 5gb/mo.

A pre-existing iPhone 3gs user buying an iPhone 4 doesn't mean sh*t to me... Just sheep that keep going for the carrot over and over :rolleyes:

4. Jusjun

Jusjun Active Member

I believe it, went to the mall yesterday and saw people waiting in line to pre-order their iphone 4s lol. I guess the server was down as well, if you tried to order the phone through apple.

5. Nvius

Nvius Member

I don't think those numbers are exaggerated. We're talking about the iPhone here. They have sold over 15+ million worldwide.

I bet a majority are pre-existing subscribers though. Supposedly the number is at 600,000 also.

Apple IPhone Preorders Hit 600,000, AT&T Halts Sales (Update3) - BusinessWeek

The iPhone is still something I'm considering. Luckily my Evo has been treating me well, but time will tell if I have the assortment of problems others have described. I just hate how everyone and there mom AND dad have a freaking iPhone! It's disgusting really.

6. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I'm sure the vast majority of preorders are from Apple diehards. The phone alone is such a major improvement over the 3GS that people who got their phones last year are wanting to buy the phone at full price.

7. gordon green

gordon green Well-Known Member

wow, thats crazy what people will pre-order
    i am still 50/50 bout it but lets see how it is released and go from there.

8. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Anyone else think that he was talking about World of Warcraft with "WoW" in the title?

9. vandyblackandgold

vandyblackandgold Well-Known Member

to apple, it probably doesnt matter who is buying the phone: pre-existing, new customers, they dont care. apple sells a product, att sells the service. bottom line is apple sold a slew of product in one day. even with the server issue, i would say apple doesnt have anything to complain about.

10. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Your not alone. I thought the OP blew 400 dollars on WoW stuff at first.

11. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Ditto. I was like, why is he talking about WoW in a IT/Computer forum when we have a gaming one?

I think the numbers are exaggerated. Simply because the pre-ordering process was a disaster. Servers slowing down a lot, people making multiple orders accidentally because they thought they didn't get the order the first time and etc. A lot of problems have happened to prove that the number could be exaggerated.

I wouldn't be surprised if they sell that much on day one, but pre-ordering that much seems exaggerated right now.

12. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

The 3G was very successful, and with 18/24 month contracts, lots of people are due an upgrade now...

13. rwZephyr

rwZephyr Well-Known Member

We've taken at least 50 unoffical pre-orders in our store. We're a fairly small town, only like 32,000 people. Everyone is asking about them though, same with the iPads.
    Marketing is a bitch.