• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 404 / Database errors / Random Users and Staff unable to post in random forums & threads

Unforgiven

...eschew obfuscation...
Administrator
  • Jun 23, 2010
    Douglas, MA
    Long title, but figured it would grab @Phases attention. Seems something is up with the forums. I've heard from four different people about different areas of the forum where they are unable to post. They were seeing 404 errors while I tried posting the the Huewei contest thread and received a database error.

Right now I'm not seeing a connection between the members and where they can or cannot post. At least for the ones that have contacted me.:( I'm starting this to both inform you as well as having a place where folks can post their experiences to help troubleshoot.

Oh the irony.
    irony.png

I'm starting to get this again, like when responding in the mobile browser (not the app) or when changing my sig.

The 404 android crying not found is what I'm getting.
    Please link any threads where you encounter this, with the dev's thanks in advance.

Sorry for the trouble :(, thanks for your patience! :)

PS - always try clearing your browser cache. That didn't help me this morning but it's an important step, either for the site debugging or for those few times it's something that you can fix on your end. Thanks!

Reactions: codesplice
    Upvote 0
    Something else I've noticed,forgive me if it's been discussed elsewhere already:

At least one of my posts (from Tapatalk app) are not showing up in the "My Posts" on Desktop.
    M9 Cases & Accessories

The post is actually present in both the desktop & Tapapalk thread,but,just not listed in the "My Post".

Nothing dire by any stretch,just wanted to give a BTW,in case it sheds light on other troubling issues.
    THX!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones