• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

411-length required. What the heck does that mean??

ksb78

Lurker
Mar 27, 2010
I got Aldiko which leads me to other ebook websites in order to purchase ebooks. I have had no problem with downloading long books from Aldiko or smashwords, but lately I have been getting an error saying 411-length required. what the hell?? Does my phone not have enough space? I have other books on there. Has anyone else come across this issue(I scoured the threads and found nothing on this)? If so, how can I go about fixing this?

Thanks so much.

I have the same issue. I've contacted Smashwords, and found the following info online relating to 411 errors.

10.4.12 411 Length Required

The server refuses to accept the request without a defined Content- Length. The client MAY repeat the request if it adds a valid Content-Length header field containing the length of the message-body in the request message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones