45mb ota update download

Last Updated:

1. biggdogg

biggdogg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know where the OTA update downloads to on the phone? I assume it is on the SD card until it is installed but I can't find it when I search the SD card. My phone downloaded the update automatically so now its taking up 45mb of precious space on my D1. I want to extract the file and save it on my PC. so its not taking up unnecessary space on the phone or SD card. Thanks in advance. DROID1 BBV.4

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

/Cache

3. biggdogg

Thanks for the quick response, the support on this site is top notch! Bad news is I still can't find the file, I am using the E strongs file explorer and searching the sd card for the file with no luck at all. Which cache is it in? When I search the phone or the sd card I come up with nothing. What cache folder is the file in? I've searched by name and also by looking in every cache file/folder on the sd card. If it is possible for you to give me a more detailed answer it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS AGAIN, YOU GUYS ARE GREAT

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

/Cache means from the system side of things - in other words, you need to be rooted, and your file manager may need root privileges before it can even see anything in the system folders, which /Cache is one of.

biggdogg likes this.
  5. biggdogg

Thanks, exactly the answer I was looking for.