1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

498 Google Play Error

1. aakenpokid

aakenpokid Member

I have my Evo 4g rooted and running the MikG rom, and it runs fine, but recently is giving me a problem in the Play Store. I have the app SAS Zombie Assault 3, and a new update came out, so I went to the store and clicked update, but I was getting error messages, so I uninstalled it. Then i tried to reinstal it, but now I can't because I get a 498 error. Any other app can install fine. Ive tried clearing the Play Store data and cache, but that didnt work. Any help??

Advertisement
    :
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

how much internal memory do you have? is the card partitioned?
    Granite1, tube517 and Mikestony like this.
  3. aakenpokid

aakenpokid Member

I have 102 mb free internally and about a gigabyte free on my sd. idk if it is partitioned or not.
  4. ocnbrze

it might be that you are running out of room. not sure how big the update for the app is. some of those games can be quite large.

so if you have no idea about partitioning then you might want to think about it. partitioning your sd card can allow you to move apps fully to the sd card.

now it is not what most people think about moving app to the card. there is apps2sd which is what android does to move apps. but it only moves part of the app. most of the app will still be on the phone.

however, there is a2sd which can move the app fully to the sd card. with a2sd a symbolic link is created that tricks the phone into thinking the app is there internally rather then on the sd card. it is basically a flag that points the os to the sd card to find the app.

it is recommended that you have a higher class card to do this. the faster the card (i have this card http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/413571-sharin-love-16gb-class-10-card-25-a.html) the better performance you will get out of the app. but some have used the stock card with no issues.

for more details go here:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html
    skip the rooting part and go to the 2nd post for more info on partitioning.

hope this helps.
    tube517 and Mikestony like this.
  5. ifoundthe498

ifoundthe498 New Member

Ok soo i recently sighned up cuz i jus found the solution it might have to do with ur usb storage suchh as musics,photos or apps hope i helped has nothing to do with cache.
  6. ocnbrze

welcome to AF!!!!!

well this might be true for some phones, it does not apply to the og evo. apps and cache are all in the same internal partition. the newer phones that are out now have two separate partitions for cache and apps. it is why partitioning the sd card will help tremendously. i at one time had 155 apps all on my sd card!!!!!
    Granite1 likes this.
  7. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Might not hurt to clear the data and cache for Google Play.

Go under Settings / Apps / Select the "All Apps" tab and find Google Play. clear the data and clear the cache.

Every so often I completely wipe the phone clean and start from scratch with only the essential apps. Seems to help tremendously with bugs and force closures, Etc. My wife still rocks out MikG on my old OG. :)
    ocnbrze likes this.