4ever issues

Last Updated:

1. jbeezybaby

jbeezybaby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok... I have read every asked question and followed the directions to the tee... 6 times. I am still getting the "E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip" error. I am rooted, I have hboot 77 and the 1.xx radio , if that has anything to do with this which from my readings it shouldnt. I DL the 4evr file to my desktop then moved the file to my sd card root. Am i supposed to open the zip file and place a specific part of the file on the root of the card? The instructions didnt read that way. Just want to get this done and mooove ooon and flash a new rom and radio or two baby! :D

Advertisement
  2. dixonba

dixonba Well-Known Member

1.) Your card needs to be fat32 format.
    2.) Make sure you didn't rename to update.zip.zip. Just tell windows or astro to show file extensions.

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

leave the file like it is and just copy it to your sd card and not in any folders then find it with clockwork mod and intall it

4. Spart

Spart Well-Known Member

Make sure it's in the right location. When you connect your cable, two hard drives will connect. I had that same error message and actually had it in the wrong one. I think one is your phone and one is our sd card. Try the other just to make sure.

5. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem when trying to apply a rom. I was using a MAC though. when I switched to my old windows lap top with Vista thats when it finally worked and I stopped getting that error. So if you're using a MAC try using a PC to apply the Zip

6. jbeezybaby

I formatted the card in the phone. The fat32 was a requirement when I rooted it so I thought that it was good to go. How do I insure that it is formatted correctly? I tried it again and still nada. Same error. Sorry im a bit ignorant in a lot of this stuff but im trying to learn.

7. jbeezybaby

Im a freakin idiot... Nevermind. I got it. Thanks to everyone.