• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G and 3G slide pc connect issue!

Aggietoker

Lurker
Aug 19, 2011
Howdy everyone, I have spent all night reading forums, support posts, downloading and restarting my new phones and pc to no avail.

I just purchased a 4g and 3g slide for myself and my mother. I have a problem succesfuly connecting my phone to my computer as a mass storage device. The 3g slide did work initially on my first connect but after I unplugged it the first time, it never worked again. I deleted all of the drivers and re-plugged it and it worked! once... then it stopped.

My 4g slide did not work at all even with all drivers wiped clean from my pc. FINALLY after a few hours of installing/uninstalling/reinstalling I hooked it up and it worked... once.

So it seems like I am amble to connect my phones once and access the memory card as well as use them in the doubletwist software that came with the 3g (which also worked with the 4g, once).

I have 2.3 on the 4g slide and 2.2 on the 3g slide. They both work once on the initial driver install then never again after I re-connect the cable. I am using windows 7 pro x64. Tomorrow I will use a diff computer and see what happens. I do not have problems with any other devices.

Other than this issue, I LOVE MY NEW ANDROID PHONES!
Thank you for any help in advanced!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones