4G been off lately?

Last Updated:

1. xblabberx

xblabberx Well-Known Member

Lately, I've gotten no 4G ANYWHERE anymore. I haven't changed anything, and I don't know what it is, but 4G went *boop* gone. Anything like this happen to anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. julio65873

julio65873 Active Member

Mine went out last night only had 3g in an area where I usually get 4g. Today it was fine.
  3. xblabberx

It's been like this for me for about 2 weeks now. It's not the 4G in the area as 4 other people I know have it fine. I've stood point blank next to them and they have 4G when I have 1x. I'm on rooted stock ZVA. I was thinking about flashing BO or BP anyways, maybe that'll fix it?
  4. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

Have you tried factory resetting yet?
  5. equator

equator Active Member

Had this happen to me once. 1st you want to make sure Data is enabled in setting > wireless - if that checks out then flashing a rom usually fixes it. GL
  6. xblabberx

Thanks guys. I'll flash a rom when I get home.
  7. schemppjr80

schemppjr80 Well-Known Member

My wife has had the same problem with her 4g but she is stock non rooted and on the esteem. I went threw her phone and everything was correct, there was no reason for her phone not to have 4g. I told her to re-boot it and c if that helped and it did she got her 4g back like it was never gone
  8. equator

equator Active Member

any luck with this?
  9. xblabberx

Haven't had the oppurtunity to flash yet :/ Been a little hectic lately. I'll let you guys know how it works though!
  10. Sugarfree661

Sugarfree661 Well-Known Member

im having the same problem..flashed multiple times no luck
  11. airtioteclint

I shouldn't think you guys would need to flash a different rom just to get 4g going. I would have tried factory resetting first. Unless you just wanted a new rom anyways...
  12. xblabberx

I do want a new ROM anyways, lol. That's why I thought, " If it doesn't work, ehh. Got a new ROM out of it." lol
  13. airtioteclint

Then all is well. Lol.
  14. airtioteclint

Yo I remember in another thread you activated the phone yourself right. Here's a quote from another thread that might pertain to you.

adf527 likes this.
  15. Sugarfree661

Sugarfree661 Well-Known Member

So if I got the phone from a friend how would I go about getting my ICC I'd number? Do I need the box?
  16. sfattah

sfattah Member

man just take the phone to a corporate metro store. they will do it just tell them to about the ICC ID or just say the sim card and they will take care of the rest! I just did that today and it works!
    myshkin likes this.
  17. ohbaby

ohbaby Well-Known Member

This is a little off topic, but i didn't want to start a thread to ask a question.

The 4g icon in the status bar up top, with the 2 arrows underneath,..... the "4G" turns from black to green color a short while after boot, and then stays green. Anyone know the significance of this?
  18. xblabberx

Not a clue.
  19. ohbaby

ohbaby Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain this......

The 4g icon in the status bar up top, with the 2 arrows underneath,..... the "4G" turns from black to a green color shortly after boot, and then stays green. Anyone know the significance of this?

Thanks in advance.
  20. xblabberx

Flashed a new rom, didn't help at all. Tried to change PRL, gives me a failed error. I'm just going to end up probably getting the LG Motion 4G. Great phone, and I want ICS. Same phone pretty much, just slightly worse screen.
  21. dulal18

dulal18 Well-Known Member

If it turns green that means your background data is on
    ohbaby likes this.