4G connecting problems?

Last Updated:

1. dgullone

dgullone New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a newbie so please be kind...

I just received my replacement Evo today. I can't connect to 4G. My old Evo had two 4G bars with reception as "good". Now the new one just shows "scanning", "connecting..." and "4G found" but never connects. From the 4G screen it shows connecting, scanning, but never connected.

Some basic troubleshooting I did was ##data# and restored my data profile. I also ran all of the system updates. After being prompted for the 1.47.651..1 update, I applied it thinking it might fix my problem. Same thing, doesn't connect.

I called Sprint but they weren't able to help. I thought there may have been a tower down or something but my friend can connect to 4G with his Evo in the same location. So it's not the signal.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure what to do. Could I have a defective unit? Antenna/Radio?

thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

Where are you at

Did you update the PRL?

3. dgullone

dgullone New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm in NJ which officially hasn't had 4G rolled out yet, however, I was connecting fine with my old Evo. Plus my friend's Evo connects with no problems.

I ran the PRL update, its at 60667. Also, my baseband version is 2.05.00.06.10.

3G connects fine. It's 4G that just can't connect.

Thanks!