4g connection problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. elem3nt

elem3nt New Member This Topic's Starter

So i have a problem with the 4g here. I get a connection to the 4g around the area, usually 1-2 bars. Once it connects, data wont go through at all, unless i turn it off and switch back to 3g then it works fine. Its happening to both of my Evo phones, but i met a few people around the area that has 4g and it works fine. I tried called customer support and they cant really help out at all. They keep telling me that there isnt any 4g around my area, but the employee at sprint tells me there is 4g and its going to be official next month. I dunno if its my phone that isnt working. im waiting for monday to see if sprint can repair my phone on monday. Is anybody else having the same problem as me?

Advertisement
  2. dzar

dzar Well-Known Member

Where are you located? I've had this, occasionally, too... I'm in St. Louis where 4G is on but not official, yet. I chalked this up to possible testing going on. I've found no pattern.

3. elem3nt

elem3nt New Member This Topic's Starter

im located in California, so i've been told its going through testing right now, and i've met only 2 other people that has the same problem as me thats including the test phone that was at the sprint store. im just hoping its not a defect. Im jealous of the people that has access to the 4g around my area :(

4. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

Even when it is officially on, the network may not connect you. All of the current networks are more or less still in testing. If you are a soft on, then they will only allow a few dozen people on at a time. And it will be random from place and time. Do not complain if you are not officially turn on and not getting 4g.

To be honest with you, connection issues are a problem for any market that is not be fully tested. It will get better, but if you are not officially on do not expect to get connected.