4G Coverage ?

Last Updated:

1. Slice28

Slice28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I live in the Philadelphia area and we have had 4g coverage for quiet a while now. According to every Sprint customer service rep that Ive spoken to, which is about fifty, before I got the phone always asked me right away where I lived and when I told them Philly they would always tell me how "excellent the 4g coverage is in your area." When I tested the display Evo in the radioshack, which is also in Philly, it was connected to 4g and was blazing fast, but it definitely seemed to be a little spotty. However, since I got the phone about three weeks ago I have not once had the pleasure of experiencing them blazing fast speeds what so ever. Forget about getting 4g in my house, I tried several times and it never picks up a 4g signal. But, even when Im outside the most I ever seem to pick up is a bar or two of 4g which results in very slow speeds, and I tried this in just about every part of the city. Any thoughts on this ??

Advertisement
  2. Drugs Delaney

Drugs Delaney Active Member

3. TRiP

TRiP Member

Work in Bala (closer to the 76 side) and consistently get full signal inside and outside.
    Yesterday took the phone to Citizens Bank Park, and also, full signal.
    Have seen it drop to 1 or 2 bars when I'm in the city itself, around center city. However, with that signal strength, its still faster than 3G.
    I live in the Burbs (Lower Bucks County), and have signal issues when I'm inside buildings. But outside, I get full strength.
    I'm not sure if its an antenna issue or not.

4. Slice28

Slice28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

@trip .. im in south philadelphia and cant seem to get full strength anywhere (usually about 2 bars, sometimes 3 if im lucky). i dont think i tried it in center city yet. and i tried it Delaware county and get absolutely nothing

5. Drugs Delaney

Drugs Delaney Active Member

6. TRiP

TRiP Member

The 4G map is pretty accurate.
    I haven't been in South Philly yet. Give me some POI's and if I'm near by, I'll hit those spots up...let you know what signal strength I'm picking up...

Aside from the bars...how's the upload/download test readings? Use SpeedTest to check it out...