4g help!Support

1. walkers333

walkers333 New Member

I Have Galaxy Attain And 4G Will Not Work, Only 1x And Ev-Do. I Updated Roaming List But didnt work, And I Am In Range, My ZIP Code is 33556,
    AnY Help??

Advertisement
    :
  2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

Have you done anything that may have altered your 4g antenna?
  3. walkers333

walkers333 New Member

No, From The Time I Bought The Phone It Did Not Work. Tried Metro But None Of Them Helped, And Could Not Return It Because Of the Issue.
  4. Tokenpoke

That's not right sounds like your antenna is defective.
  5. markm70271

markm70271 New Member

Am having the same problem with my samsung attain. i'm on the $40 4G plan. But, i've never seen the 4G icon (always either 1x or EVD00 on my notification bar even during the start of my new billing cycle. And i dont think my radio antenna's defective... Can some1 help?
  6. Tokenpoke

I've had no 4g since yesterday.... I think metro is messing with their network again.
  7. markm70271

markm70271 New Member

my billing cycle started on May 24th ..almost a month ago
  8. Acilegna

Acilegna New Member

I've been having the same exact problem. This has been happening to my phone since I've had it. I definitely didn't do anything to alter my phone or it's ability to connect to 4g. Did you ever get this problem fixed? Or did you have to get a new one? :/
  9. Juanxrocker

Juanxrocker Active Member

Same problem here. I tried calling metro tech support they said they could try manually reactivating the phone to see if that fixes the problem but I haven't tried doing that yet.
  10. Tokenpoke

There is a bug in the firmware and the antenna. I have been trying to get this thing to a dev but the only two i really trust are either busy with life or swamped with other devices and it would be unfair to bug them with a device who's forum has basic knowledge questions going unanswered for two to five days at a time.
  11. Juanxrocker

I'm gonna try a hard reset later tonight to see if that fixes the issue I'll keep you guys posted just in case
  12. Tokenpoke

hey... try this. it seems to have worked for me.

i used widgetsoid2.x to make a 4g switch.

when it opens the crazy menu scroll down to "preferred network" and select evdo.. let the antenna try to switch and then set back to wcdma preferred. click turn off antennas and and let them turn off. turn them back on.

its been four days and i haven't dropped signal yet so i think cycling it may have fixed me.
    Juanxrocker likes this.
  13. Juanxrocker

Tried it and it didn't work :( btw two factory resets and reflashing the pre-rooted tar didn't work either thanks for the help though I'm still gonna mess around with some settings to see if I find a solution
  14. WeekiAj

WeekiAj Active Member

I've had alot of them do this - try taking it to a corporate store and having it swapped out , unroot it of course ...

the phones have a 1 year standard warranty
  15. shawnb1003

shawnb1003 Active Member

OK Guys i had this same problem until today, What happens is, Some of metro's staff are stupid and rush through activation. If you call them back, Correct them with your phones ICC ID (Make sure your on a dif. phone) once they update that, Restart the phone, And if you are in a 4G area, your phone will say 4G, like mine
  16. Tokenpoke

that may be what helped me too as i had to manually program when i switched back to my attain last week.
  17. Stingroo

Stingroo Well-Known Member

I must be slower than most, but I don't understand your directions here. When I switch to "EvDo only" it asks me for an SMSC. What is that and how do I find it?

I KNOW I should have 4G, because I did when I first bought the phone, and I'm in Jacksonville, FL - so I'm in the coverage area...

Any help appreciated.
  18. Tokenpoke

That is the spc for your sim card
  19. Juanxrocker

So I went to a metropcs corporate store and they switched out my phone for free! Now I got my 4g :)
  20. jemini1988

jemini1988 Member

How did you manually program it? I tried the widgetsoid and it still didnt work and I dont live anywhere near a corporate store..
  21. Tokenpoke

Dial *228 and choose switch phones. Let it send you to an operator and have them help. They need to be talking to you on a different phone to help program.