• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G in Amarillo Texas?

I know it has 4G LTE but my phone just says 4G not LTE. They sprint guys told me the phone doesn't have a 4g radio. Just 3G and 4G LTE. I'm guessing they are still working on it because its been jumping from 3G to 4G last 2 days now. and Yes i do live by downtown which has been the only place i get 4G signal so for. Its back to 3G at work. But at least they seem to be working on it since i was planning on switching to verizon when my contract is up.

Upvote 0
4g is just a term. it means 4th generation and nothing else. there are different types of 4g tech. sprint originally went with wimax as their 4g technology, but they went with the better and more reliable lte technology later on. your phone will show 4g and not lte because they are the same thing.

so if you are seeing 4g then that is great for you.....congrats!!!!!!

Reactions: FrancisJ
Upvote 0
4g is just a term. it means 4th generation and nothing else. there are different types of 4g tech. sprint originally went with wimax as their 4g technology, but they went with the better and more reliable lte technology later on. your phone will show 4g and not lte because they are the same thing.

so if you are seeing 4g then that is great for you.....congrats!!!!!!

Verizon phones says 4G LTE. Are you telling me Sprint 4G LTE only says 4G?

Upvote 0
Verizon phones says 4G LTE. Are you telling me Sprint 4G LTE only says 4G?

Just depends on the phone but even though it only says 4G it means LTE so it doesnt even make a difference. Couldnt put it any better than this.

4G is the class or group. LTE is a specific member of the group.

4G LTE is redundant. Harmless but redundant.

If your phone only says LTE, it's said 4G by default.

If your phone only says 4G on an LTE network, it's said LTE by default.

If you're in my house and call me Mr. First Lastname, it's not incorrect - just redundant. Same with 4G LTE. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones