4g in dallas area/texas in general

Last Updated:

1. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody here used 4g in the dallas area? I haven't and i want to know how good/bad the reception is. I looked at the coverage area map and the areas im in are "blanketed" with 4g...but with recent threads about how its hard to get a solid 4g connection i was wondering how it is in this area(dallas)...i would think it would be very good here b/c if im not mistaken dallas was one of the first to receive wimax so theyve had time to set it up.

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

dallas area is great with the 4g cards should be with the phone, the places that are "spotty" are the burbs where i live right now (flower Mound) and the newer cities... you will have great coverage

Painkillaz likes this.
  3. Painkillaz

yea im in the frisco area also arlington for college so hopefully while on campus ill be the "cool guy" with 4g!....

4. bobeo6253

bobeo6253 Active Member

I'm waiting for deep south texas to get 4g. mcallen/edinburg area. I doubt we'll be getting it any time soon.

5. misterzeno

misterzeno Well-Known Member

In Houston and cant wait the try it out.

6. jkr4577

jkr4577 Well-Known Member

Austin has/had great 3G coverage. Used Sprint card for 2 years never had a problem with reception. Travel for a living and always had 3g for the whole 35 corridor from Dallas to San Antonio. Just hoping the 4g coverage will be similar. Texas was one of the first markets so Im sure reception wont be a problem.. I had the Clear folks come to my house pushing the Home plans they have. Told him about getting the EVO instead and he replied 'yeah we've been hearing that alot'. Assured me that coverage was no problem throughout Metro Austin.

mrk likes this.
  7. Painkillaz

im about to test out the U301 in my house...hopefully i get a good/strong 4g signal...im hoping

8. Painkillaz

Ok if this isnt sad then i dont know what is...

With Sprint's U301 3g/4g: Download: 5.61 Mb/s Upload:0.81 Mb/s
    With my house's internet: Download: 1.50 Mb/s Upload:0.63 Mb/s

Both using Speedtest.net

I feel like i should just tell my parents to cancel our house internet and get sprints 4g

jkr4577, Covert_Death and mrk like this.