• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4g in KC appears to be coming soon.

hodan

May 14, 2010
I don't work for Sprint but live in the KC area and pre-ordered the EVO at a Best Buy today. I was number 16 at that store, and they told me that ALL pre-orders would guarantee an EVO on June 4.

The Best Buy employee told me that during the EVO training session at the Sprint campus, download speeds hit 22 MB/S on the 4g network.

I have another acquaintance that works for CLEAR, who is installing the 4g network hardware, and during testing was hitting 10 mb/s.

I'm sure we won't hit those speeds regularly, but 2 things are important, KC's 4g will be active sooner rather than later, and it's gonna be FAST.

So long webOS and my sad, slow pre.

Reactions: sag7392
This morning I was at Home Depot (off 71 & Bannister Rd) and I saw a guy getting out of a Clearwire truck. So I stopped and asked him how the 4G/WiMax roll out was coming. He told me that KC is pretty close to being completed and they just did several towers in my area! He also stated that he resides in Belton and he has 4g/WiMax running there. Excellent news!!!

Upvote 0
It would be nice if Wichita, KS would get 4g.

Allegedly were due for it around December according to the Sprint retail store here. Who knows though... I tend to know more than they do it seems like.

That would be awesome if we get 4G in Wichita in December. That is the first i have heard that but I haven't been to any sprint stores to ask. I just assumed that it would be quite a while before we got it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones