4G in Long Beach, CA?!?

Last Updated:

1. jeffeynboo

jeffeynboo Member This Topic's Starter

I'm writing this message using 4G! I unknowingly turned on my 4G button today, and lo and behold the 4G icon showed up! The signal of weak but it's there!
    Can anyone in the area check on this?
    Jeff

Advertisement
  2. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

Long beach has been a soft launch for a while. The closer you get the university the better they signal should get. Do expect it to stop working sometime in the future. They are still testing it.

3. Dutch54

Dutch54 Well-Known Member

I posted earlier today that I had it today first time in Pedro..quite a shock eh?

4. jeffeynboo

jeffeynboo Member This Topic's Starter

Dutch, I just saw your post regarding San Pedro. It was a shock! I took the phone out of my pocket to look up something and noticed that little "4G" icon. I thought I had turned on wifi, but when I looked at the widgets, I saw that I had turned on 4G instead of wifi. Quite a shock indeed, especially since most of the talk of 4G in the L.A. area was primarily Downtown L.A.
    I'll have to look for a 4G signal near Cal State Long Beach since I pass by there to go to work in Seal Beach.

5. saa001

saa001 Active Member

I was at the hilltop in Signal Hill (west of cal state LB) and happened on a 4g signal up there (very weak). Couldn't stay connect but it was interesting to see.

I live just south of Cal State LB and I do not get a 4g signal there.

6. socal77

socal77 Member

Target at Bellflower and Stearns. 12.5 down and 1.02 up. Holy fastness Batman!