• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G issues, anyone else

apocalypse_later

Jun 9, 2010
I'm in Chicago and am finding that my EVO isn't getting on 4G easily. I was just at the Sprint store and I only had 3G. Disabling 4G and turning it back on seems to fix this, but not everywhere. At home I'm in 4G territory according to the online map, but am unable to get on any 4G network here, even after rebooting, taking out the battery, toggling 4G, etc.

I spoke to tech support and they just had me reboot, update profile, and they did some tower update on their end. Still no dice.

Is this typical of the phone? Are you guys also finding you need to toggle 4G off and on and have deadspots where there shouldn't be? I'm trying to figure out if its my phone or if its just the state of 4G right now.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones