• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G Issues - Chicago

4G appears to be down again in the Lakeview/Wrigleyville area as of this posting. I cannot connect to 4G via my EVO or U300 modem. 3G is working fine today, but was problematic yesterday.

Earlier this afternoon, I was at the Harlem/Irving shopping center and 4G was working great. In fact, I was getting 100% 4G signal. When I returned home this evening, no 4G again! I hope they get this problem fixed soon.

Upvote 0
There appears to be two types of issues:
1. Can't get connected
2. Can get connected but can't browse/connect to any websites.

In either case your best bet is to call Spring customer care and tell them about it.

lol....i agree with calling, but don't expect them to have an answer. i started a thread over on the sprint forum for this issue and some customer care person posted to reboot the phone. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
You know, I remember when the Evo 4G was announced, HTC stated that it had to get 4G working with its own software because 2.1 didn't natively support it. However, 2.2 adds native WiMax (and probably LTE?) support. I don't have time to search for the link, but I do remember reading this on some of the tech blogs. Could be something that they're doing to help the Evo and 4G towers communicate better? Maybe that's why a dedicated USB dongle from Clear or the Overdrive pull down faster speeds in some areas vs. the Evo?

Anyways, 4G is up right now for me in downtown Chicago at Madison/Wells. 5162 down, 1016 up

Upvote 0
Its funny, but I am going to be in Chicago next week for a frequent flyer seminar and was wondering how the 4G coverage was over there and bingo, I see this thread.

So how is the signal near the airport. (ORD)

TS

4g worked really well when I was out there a couple weeks ago. It was much faster than I usually get in the city.

Also, my 4g seems to be back to normal.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones